Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

Wondering best place to wait on arrival. Two couples arriving Jan 2017 on a Friday. One arriving at 1230 and one at 130. I'm thinking that the 1230 couple (us) will have a quicker time getting through customs and the 130 might be a little slower. Just wondering where we can wait for the other couple. We will be sharing a private transfer.

User Info Menu

Re: Hour Wait at Airport-Arrival

You can easily wait at the Groovy Grouper just outside the arrivals area...or...if you want to sit in air conditioning and don't have a ton of luggage to lug you can head over to Island Grill in the departure area - it's a bit cheaper to eat and drink at IG...or...you could book Club Mobay.

User Info Menu

Hang out by the buses with a cold one, enjoy the sunshine, the other "new" arrivals, listen to the sounds, enjoy the conversation of new Jamaican friend, even if its just likkle bit. and smile mon' "You're in Jamaica!!

User Info Menu

Club Mobay would be a good spot to chill with cold beverages and some snacks while you wait for your fiends.

User Info Menu

We are staying at the Grand Pineapple (owned by Sandals) I sent an email to see if we can wait in the Sandals lounge or if we can only do that if we pay for transportation thru them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mjc12771 View Post
    We are staying at the Grand Pineapple (owned by Sandals) I sent an email to see if we can wait in the Sandals lounge or if we can only do that if we pay for transportation thru them.
    All Pinapple guests can use Sandals lounge - staff there will help you without question. We have stayed at Pinapple several times and use the Sandals lounge. Great place to wait for friends. No problem mon 🇯🇲

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGuy View Post
    All Pinapple guests can use Sandals lounge - staff there will help you without question. We have stayed at Pinapple several times and use the Sandals lounge. Great place to wait for friends. No problem mon 🇯🇲
    Did you use private transfer or Sandal transportation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mjc12771 View Post
    Did you use private transfer or Sandal transportation
    My two stays at Grand Pineapple I used the sandals lounge. I assumed it was allowed because I booked sandals transfers. Grand Pineapple guests pay for transfers, as opposed to the free ride sandals and beaches guests are provided with in their all inclusive vacation. In 2014 and 2015 it was $35 pp round trip. I rode with other guests of the sandals and beaches resorts both times.

Interestingly enough, my recent stay in June I booked transfer through JUTA, which is appearently in some way associated with Sandals based on my understanding of the conversation I listened to while my CMB rep organize my arrangements for me. That transfer, I also shared a ride with beaches and sandals guests.

In my three trips to Negril, there have never been more than 6 people that I've ridden with. The departure vans have been much fuller and we have always stopped at beaches to fill the bus.

I have had very pleasant experiences using both JUTA and the sandals transfers, as well as CMB lounge and sandals lounge.

User Info Menu

Do you have a driver lined up ? Have him take the first couple to MargaritaVille right on the ocean in MoBay or the bar on stilts up on the Queens Highway (Hi-Lites Sky Bar) which overlooks the City, or Richmond Hill for a "travel back in time " experience and even grader view of MoBay ............then have the driver go back to the airport and pick up the second couple. You will have a head start on the trip but that is your reward for arriving early.

Or just sit at the bar outside the doors when you leave with your luggage .............. the comings and goings are sooooooo interesting.

User Info Menu

I would follow Captain Oil's advice and sit at the bar outside of the arrival doors.
    Have a brew and chill.
    People watching at it's finest.
    But, CaptOil, that place "Richmond Hill" sounds intriguing, never heard about it.