Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some help.

User Info Menu

Looking for some help.

I didn't think I'd have a problem with this but could certainly use some suggestions. In Feb. my wife and I are renewing our vows in Negril and we put it out there to friends and family hoping we could inspire a newbie or two to get onboard. Well, we are up to 11 confirmed and about 6 or 7 sitting on the fence with all newbies but for one. I could not be more psyched to have a chance to introduce so many to the Jamaica that I've know and loved for the 45 years I've been visiting. Here's where I need help, with all kinds of different arrivals and departures it appears I'll have everyone in the same place at the same time for about 3 days and I'm trying to come up with a few ideas that will expose them to the local side of Negril, while keeping it affordable since a few will be limited. So far the only spot everyone has heard about is Rick's so we'll hit there but we're looking at Beach Bar, Drifters, One Love Pub Crawl and possibly Mayfield. Any suggestions on a few less traveled affordable spots that you've enjoyed? Appreciate any suggestions.

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for some help.

Seastar Saturday night Reggae buffet - music - dance - transportation included - a nice relaxed evening and party.

User Info Menu

Drifter's is a great time, they have nice buckets of Red Stripe specials.

Mayfield was about $17 USD then a tip for the guide, we gave our guide (2 of us) about $2000J each. I think you could get cheaper tickets in town at the Negril Service Center? Can anyone confirm?
    It is a really great 1/2 day trip.

Calico Jack's Pirate Shack at Half Moon Beach? I have not been there myself, but it's in the plan this time. $5 to get on the beach, $5 trip out to the pirate shack. A bit North of Negril.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

blue hole in little bay...

arrange a transport for your whole party... call ahead and tell them if you want to eat lunch or just have beverages... it's good for about 2-3 hours, in my opinion...

User Info Menu

I don't know the average age of your party, but you might want to bear in mind the sound level at Drifters (and maybe some of the other places). My wife and I, now in our 60's, can't really tolerate the badly overdriven speakers. We spent about 4 minutes at Drifters the one time we went there - which is a shame, because it would otherwise be our kind of place. Sitting at Mama Flo's turned out to be the right proximity to Drifters for us.

User Info Menu

After taking them to Rick's, stop at Connie's Country & Western Pub to get a feel for the real West End vibe.

User Info Menu

Sea of Tranquility Glass Bottom Boat, Charlie Vickers, Captain (876) 327-8150 ask to have lunch, beverages and be taken to the island to watch them cook over the open fire. Prices vary but I can tell you 100% the newbies will love him, his cooking and all that he has to offer!

User Info Menu

Take a day trip and then sit back and enjoy, maybe take in a manager's party or just some local entertainment.

User Info Menu

check out collette's bar in redground, and the bar at the POLICE STATION. then take a ride to Blue hole, and Little Bay , and maybe go as far as the market in Sav. all this can be done in 4-5 hours.

User Info Menu

Red Dragon
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick