Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mega Mart Liquor Question

User Info Menu

Mega Mart Liquor Question

Headed to Negril in December and I want to only take a carry-on on the plane. But I definitely want to have the liquor that I want to drink while I'm there. I've been looking to see if Mega Mart has a website and haven't been able to find one yet. My question is does Mega Mart carry Barcardi Rum (the silver) (not a fan of Appleton). Also we're tequila drinkers and want something other than Jose Cuervo (nasty). Do you know what tequilla they carry? Thanks for any help.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Mega Mart Liquor Question

Mega Mart has wide selections of liquors, so you won't have a problem finding Bacardi or Patron. Even HiLo's selection has increased this past year. No worries.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob.

User Info Menu

Kittymommy...CPJ is the Jamaican distributor that supplies Bacardi, Patron and a couple of other tequila brands...Mega Mart and HiLo both order from CPJ with Mega Mart offering a larger variety. As Rob said above...we've seen the rum and tequila at both stores.

A friend of mine drinks Bacardi White/Blanca only so I pay attention to what is offered here in Jamaica...they even have Gold, Limon flavoured versions etc but I've never seen anything called Silver. Are you maybe meaning the White? The Silver seems to be their cooler line.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, great info! Would they have this at the Duty Free just after Immigration? I usually buy my Appleton Reserve there as the price is just a bit better than Mega Mart.

-Seamuis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    Bnewb, great info! Would they have this at the Duty Free just after Immigration? I usually buy my Appleton Reserve there as the price is just a bit better than Mega Mart.

-Seamuis
    I've never noticed the Duty Free...last time through I was lugging to much 'stuff' to pay attention.

I'm sure someone else would know...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I've never noticed the Duty Free...last time through I was lugging to much 'stuff' to pay attention.

I'm sure someone else would know...
    I hear you, I only noticed it about three years ago and have found it pretty quick the last couple of trips..

User Info Menu

Do they sell Crown Royal Apple at HiLo or Mega Mart?

User Info Menu

Yes I did mean the white. Thanks for everyone's info.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    Do they sell Crown Royal Apple at HiLo or Mega Mart?
    They did not have the apple...only regular Crown Royal and Crown Royal Black.