Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2017 Roll call/Boardie Bash !!!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: April 2017 Roll call/Boardie Bash !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Just bought that 710 camera in a kit for $262.oo new,can't wait to have pictures that are as nice as SLP's!!
    Me too!!!!!!!

I paid $180 for refurbished... after inspection, it is in very good shape and takes great pics. Even on an SD card that I already own, so no need to buy a new, expensive SD card! yey!!!

missing the panorama feature, but I think it will be ok, and video will take care of that.

soon come!!!!!
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 02-05-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Topic for discussion... what's your typical daily Negril routine?[/QUOTE]

Wake up early and enjoy the first hour or two by myself, walking on the beach, while DH sleeps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    Topic for discussion... what's your typical daily Negril routine?
    Wake up early and enjoy the first hour or two by myself, walking on the beach, while DH sleeps

-> Sounds lovely! What time is "early"?

User Info Menu

Coffee for a beach walk while Momma J snoozes and then a cold beverage with orange juice to get ready for breakfast!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Wake up early and enjoy the first hour or two by myself, walking on the beach, while DH sleeps

-> Sounds lovely! What time is "early"?
    6 ish... depending on prior nights activities.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    6 ish... depending on prior nights activities.
    That's pretty early in my book! I do have the benefit of "gaining" and hour since my state participates in daylight savings so I am 1 hour ahead of Jamaica. When I land, I get an extra hour each day! At least that's the way I like to look at it (I do understand the technicalities of the DST). So, long story short, if I wake up around 7 am, "my" time, I'm right there with you, but then a hop in the shower and at least 15-20 minutes to apply sunscreen before I get dressed inhibits my haste in the AM. I have seen the sunrise, last April in fact, but it was because I hadn't gone to bed yet...

User Info Menu

My mornings are pretty routine....get up 630, 700am to empty the bladder...some mornings, i try to lay back down, but as soon as i hear the noises outside, I cant stand it...brush teeth, 5 minute shower, grab my kit, and i am off to the beach...usually, Bill is the only one stirring, he is on the porch with his coffee,...early mornings are so peaceful...wake and bake and watch the beach come alive...I usually take a short walk, then back to the room..My better half is usually still snoozing, so i will play in the pool, or mingle with other guests until around 930-1000, when the rest of the gang get out and about...

depends on the activity scheduled that day....beach days go something like this...we will set up our loungers and coolers...lasts about an hour or so...then off to hit a bar or two, usually centering around one of 3 places...yellowbird 2for1, sunnyside, or tony's hut....if there is live music being played on the beach, like drifters, boat bar, woodstock etc, you will probably find me migrating to the music...shortly after sunset, it is time to regroup and get ready for dinner...then it is porch party or bourbon beach, alfreds, or roots bamboo, again depending on the live music nights
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

I have a certain thing I love to do in the morning, I shower and suntan lotion up, the take a route taxi down to Cosmos. I usually have a bottle of water, and walk the whole beach, all the way down to Travelleres,
    then route taxi back to my hotel and start the day ! The early morning is the only time I can walk in complete peace without all the higglers and such bothering constantly.

User Info Menu

Early mornings?!
    After Whoopee coffee on the balcony and then back to bed! All my visits I have never seen the sunrise maybe I'll add it to my to do list LOL!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

My girl I am totally serious....what the heck is Whoopee coffee ?????