Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver needed from MB to Negril. Recommendations please.

User Info Menu

Re: Driver needed from MB to Negril. Recommendations please.

Using Negril.com/transport, I've used a couple drivers. Try Cross Jamaica Tours, operator, Owen Whyte . Very dependable and safe driver, also affordable.
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

I will second Dudley Warren and his company Big Ship Tours
    www.bigshiptours.com

Been using Dudley for over 20 years. Ha is simply the best!

User Info Menu

Everyone has their favorite. I have used a few on the list and frankly they all have been awesome. My vote goes to Kingsley James and if you plan on doing a tour I would encourage you to check out his website as he offers up a value with a free airport return on select tours. In fact, I have been in his vehicles over 30 times and he was only late once. It was due to a motorcycle fatality on the wicked corner by Llantrisant, and he was still there shortly after the stated time. He has taken us all over Jamaica, from the West Coast, to the South Coast, to the North Coast, to Bob's birthplace and all rides are comfortable and without worry. The drivers recommended on this site have all been vetted and you would be hard pressed to find a ride that sucked.
    Shout out to Dudley Warren as well as his son Matthew, who is in the process of getting his red plate and will surely be an approved driver on here in no time.

User Info Menu

Thanks for everyone's advice. I always read the forum but never clicked on or noticed the Transportation link right in front of my face at the top of the page. We are changing drivers after 15 years as our usual driver appeared to nod his head, as if falling asleep, while driving us back to the airport last year.

User Info Menu

Esperanza Tours. We've used Esperanza Tours for many years. Airport transfers, Black River/Pelican Bar, Appleton Estates, 9 mile (Bob Marley birthplace), Mayfield Falls and lots of other tours and adventures. Patrick Grandison will take good care of you.

http://negril.com/transport/esperanza.htm
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Seconding Cross Jamaica Tours. We used them for 4 people a week and a half ago. Price was great, van was great, red stripe and water while waiting for the van to be brought around was great, and very prompt email communication was my favourite.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vucko View Post
    Hello. Could anyone recommend a good/safe driver for four people from the airport to Negril? We would need a van as we are four people. Thanks.
    Owen and crossjamaica .
    Newer van, best price and great person
    We always use him.

User Info Menu

I would also recommend Luxurious Carib Tours - we recently used them and they were comfortable, polite, timely and reasonably-priced.

Email: luxuriouscaribtours@gmail.com

Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Glad someone started this thread. We as well are looking for a new driver.

User Info Menu

I have used, and can personally recommend, both Kingsley James from Take Care Tours and Chicken from Chicken's Magic Bus. Both are great guys and very good at their job.