That last thread got long and interesting, but I don't think the info some of us need was ever actually found.

There is apparently a recent problem with the medical services at some of the resorts who use a contractor who charges unbelievable high prices at times for simple services. My long time
plan when in Jamaica if I (or someone with me) had a serious illness or injury was to get a taxi and head for MoBay Hope Medical in MoBay (Half Moon shopping area), but that same company that has been called out by lots of people who were overcharged now operates that same clinic. We did not have a confidence-inspiring experience at the clinic at Sav, my one trip to Cornwall with an injured friend was far less than ideal. Someone in the other thread about this mentioned that they use reliable independent doctors in the Negril area but I've never been able to find out who they are, how to contact them, or what the best and most reliable medical options are in case a need arises. I know people who have been vacationing in Negril even longer than I have and some of them have simply felt they could no longer vacation there as their medical situation has gotten more complicated over the years.

What I wish I could get from some of you experts is this.... Assume you are in Negril on vacation and have a serious medical issue (illness or injury)... what do YOU do? What do you think the best options are for reliable medical treatment if something serious happens?

Thanks very much!