Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Follow up to Medical availability thread

User Info Menu

Re: Follow up to Medical availability thread

Quote Originally Posted by RoyinNC View Post
    That last thread got long and interesting, but I don't think the info some of us need was ever actually found.

There is apparently a recent problem with the medical services at some of the resorts who use a contractor who charges unbelievable high prices at times for simple services. My long time
    plan when in Jamaica if I (or someone with me) had a serious illness or injury was to get a taxi and head for MoBay Hope Medical in MoBay (Half Moon shopping area), but that same company that has been called out by lots of people who were overcharged now operates that same clinic. We did not have a confidence-inspiring experience at the clinic at Sav, my one trip to Cornwall with an injured friend was far less than ideal. Someone in the other thread about this mentioned that they use reliable independent doctors in the Negril area but I've never been able to find out who they are, how to contact them, or what the best and most reliable medical options are in case a need arises. I know people who have been vacationing in Negril even longer than I have and some of them have simply felt they could no longer vacation there as their medical situation has gotten more complicated over the years.

What I wish I could get from some of you experts is this.... Assume you are in Negril on vacation and have a serious medical issue (illness or injury)... what do YOU do? What do you think the best options are for reliable medical treatment if something serious happens?

Thanks very much!
    www.j.mp/comfortsJA I come and provide nursing service to care for you and if need be, advise you what you need OR and where to go. I have MANY physicians I collaborate with in and outside of Negril. They agreed to be available for my business, and even this changes day to day and I research alternative plans as needed!!
    I can asses who is available where, what services you need by consulting with many area physicians and assist you threw the process by traveling with you or getting transport for you. This IS NOT an easy process because services/physicians vary day to day and can be tricky and delay what you need...I will assist you through it. Physicians are overwhelmed in office and some won't come out at night so i am the place to start. No answers where given to you probably because there ISN'T one! Every day is different. PreRegister so I know where you are and something about you BEFORE you have a healthcare urgent need! I cannot stress enough how important it is to have an advocate on your side to do triage nursing services OR get you what you need in Negril! You never know what services are available or who is or isn't in office...until the day(or night) comes and you need help. I will do my best to make a plan with you!!! Nurse Beth

User Info Menu

Just a comment on this....Drs work in clinics, but their hours vary and it is difficult for them to up and leave clinic for hotel calls OR you may have to sit for long periods of time to be seen. IF you have illness or injury make sure you get someone right away! It is best to have someone there to assess the situation. Waiting to get in or for Dr to come can delay care! As a gentleman spoke about in this thread...he waited, and it wasn't the best choice. I can advise and make a plan A and plan B but truly it is best to go with what is advised.

User Info Menu

Comforts of Home Nursing does accept donations.
    We donate when we notify Nurse Beth with our location, dates and any issues to give her a heads up just in case. Fortunately we have not had to contact her in the past.
    We feel fortunate that she makes herself available because when she's needed it will be important to have someone with medical and local knowledge.
    Disclaimer: we are not affiliated in any way with Comforts of Home.

User Info Menu

As far as I know, MoBay Hope closed and was replaced with Hospiten.

http://hospiten.com/en/hospitals-and...ego-bayhttp://
    When you help someone expect nothing in return and you will receive your reward ten times over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alibop View Post
    Comforts of Home Nursing does accept donations.
    We donate when we notify Nurse Beth with our location, dates and any issues to give her a heads up just in case. Fortunately we have not had to contact her in the past.
    We feel fortunate that she makes herself available because when she's needed it will be important to have someone with medical and local knowledge.
    Disclaimer: we are not affiliated in any way with Comforts of Home.

Just to clear some things up. On my website there is a payment button to pre register which allows you to enter all your info and that goes in my carry log book(dates/place of stay, allergies and medical history) This is an option, and it is important especially if you want me to know something about you before you arrive! Otherwise you can call me unexpectedly and this requires information gathering at the time of your call, on medical history, etc... and even where you are located!! Your choice but I encourage you to pre register!

There is also a payment button if you want to make payment towards supplies/transportation for cheap or free local care which I do frequently! This all is at my expense as I work alone covering this need. I do my best to be there for you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yardie View Post
    As far as I know, MoBay Hope closed and was replaced with Hospiten.

http://hospiten.com/en/hospitals-and...ego-bayhttp://
    There is some work being done now on Hope, but nothing open...I will let you know if and when that happens! I will do my best to be there for you to assess the situation and make a plan!

User Info Menu

Hi Yardie!
    The link you shared didn't work for me but this one did for Hospital in MoBay

http://www.hospiten.com/en/hospitals...en-montego-bay

User Info Menu

The season is in full swing! Reaching out again to make sure you have my information. I will be your advocate in case of illness or injury. This is my fourth year and it is definitely the busiest season! I continue to collaborate with physicians and services 24/7 to assist you in case of illness or injury. I have create a NEW OPTION this year to assist MORE than one person if needed and give you access to me for telephone triage.

PreRegistration is an option now! For a small fee ($50 in paypal= approx $45) you will have access to me for telephone triage 24/7 AND fill out form with pertinent information. With your information I will know something about YOU so I can try to assist over the phone especially if I am tied up! Without PreRegistration I cannot advise because I do not know anything about you, so I would need to come and assess you to make a plan (standard medical process). This is highly recommended for people with PreExisiting medical issues or to give you peace of mind "Comforts of Home" feel during your stay!! This is a small price to pay for access to someone to help and remains a popular OPTION, your choice to make. www.j.mp/comfortsJA

Here are suggestions of information to send after PreRegistration:

Dates of Travel and Where you stay
    Home emergency contact name/number
    Medical travel insurance plan/number
    Allergies/PreExisiting medical issues and concerns
    Medications
    **I will respond after registration with any other questions and put your information in my file