Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you budget?

User Info Menu

Re: How much do you budget?

Well, even if Dave doesn't get the info he was after (lump total, no details), it made for a good social experiment I guess.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the input guys.

I'm just collecting data for a business plan. Also wanted to know what it would cost if I stayed in Negril as opposed to at the yard.

Thanks again

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 01-19-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We normally stay all inclusive so all in with air/hotel and spending money for 10 days I budget for $6-6500

Generally I do not end up spending this much.

This year we are staying 3 nights non-all inclusive so we are saving money there. $1000 of that budget it for spending money and never in all of my trips have I spent all of it. We generally come home with $3-500 left over.
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

3 adults and 1 child staying at Negril Palms. We are budgeting for $200/day in cash to be spent on meals and entertainment in Negril. I suspect that might be high, but rather have too much than not enough.

Airfare was $2200, Car will be about $200, including gas. Hotel is $1100 (10 nights). So that's a little under $6k

User Info Menu

Name:  1 mil.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  15.3 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    3 adults and 1 child staying at Negril Palms. We are budgeting for $200/day in cash to be spent on meals and entertainment in Negril. I suspect that might be high, but rather have too much than not enough.

Airfare was $2200, Car will be about $200, including gas. Hotel is $1100 (10 nights). So that's a little under $6k
    Car rental for 10 days is $200.00? including gas? Can you fill me in please. Been thinking about doing a car rental. Ya got mi curious now mon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

OOps typo !

$500 and it's for 8 days (don't ask) $429.55 plus gas. classiquecarrentalsjamaica.com

User Info Menu

lol, no problem. Thanks for clarifying that up. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

We spend about $100 a day, usually less since I bring many quick meals with me and head done to Value Master for perishables and beer....Our hotel for the 10 days is $900 and 2 plan tickets were $440 each....actually I think we get off pretty cheap for Jamaica.....
    Last edited by Yesihunt2; 01-19-2017 at 02:14 PM.

User Info Menu

That's one of the cool things about Negril, you can get rooms for <$100 a night or >$1000 night. Cook your own and eat cheap box meals, or go out for lobster.