Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Police Shakedown on Beach Patty Man and Jerk Pork Man

User Info Menu

Re: Police Shakedown on Beach Patty Man and Jerk Pork Man

Aww. Husband and I bought patties from him last month. Always buy patties from him every year.

User Info Menu

sorry friends this is why i yearn for the good old days Rob if you hear what it might cost to keep Norm on the beach perhaps we can start a go fund me page

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    sorry friends this is why i yearn for the good old days Rob if you hear what it might cost to keep Norm on the beach perhaps we can start a go fund me page
    As I said in a previous post...this has been going on for years...it's not about money it's about getting the actual license.
    Norman would be too proud to beg/ask for money...he's a business man that is trying to get the law reinterpreted.

For those that didn't read all the previous posts...Norman was back on the beach almost immediately.

User Info Menu

I can understand the laws . But if this applies to guys like Norman and the jerk pork man and does it also apply to the people that sells fresh orange juice and fruit and what about the cake lady ? I can certainly think of a lot of other reasons to not allow certain types of sales on the beach, and as far as having a physical location to operate this type of business is there really a standard followed in the majority of stands that sets them apart from the two guys that walk the beach with those tasty treats people look forward to purchasing ?

User Info Menu

Industrious and committed vendors should look at all sharing said "physical location" with refrigeration or whatever is needed to comply with requirements. No reason to not share a home base and be legal; seems they all sell different but complimentary treats that are in demand.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by njsem View Post
    I can understand the laws . But if this applies to guys like Norman and the jerk pork man and does it also apply to the people that sells fresh orange juice and fruit and what about the cake lady ? I can certainly think of a lot of other reasons to not allow certain types of sales on the beach, and as far as having a physical location to operate this type of business is there really a standard followed in the majority of stands that sets them apart from the two guys that walk the beach with those tasty treats people look forward to purchasing ?

nj,

The laws for food vendors applies to all food vendors. The physical location to be inspected and licensed has always been part of the laws. The food handlers license were added in the past 5 years or so.

Yes, there is and has been standards for years.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    Industrious and committed vendors should look at all sharing said "physical location" with refrigeration or whatever is needed to comply with requirements. No reason to not share a home base and be legal; seems they all sell different but complimentary treats that are in demand.
    That is a great idea and Norman and I talked about this option as well. As I mentioned earlier, the business model does need to change. Food safety inspections are common sense laws.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks … any vendor that worked a creative idea would surely have pride intact and then some. I just hope good traditions can go forth but abide for the better.

Warmth and all that jazz.

User Info Menu

Its just good to back the underdog, and show support...................helps smooth the process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lacdeloo View Post
    Its just good to back the underdog, and show support...................helps smooth the process.
    Ahhhh...I understand what you're saying...but I don't think of Norman and Dean as underdogs...more like hardworking entrepreneurs...
    Yup...always show support for these vendors...they rock!
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.