Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I don't post much, but have a question about Saturday night entertainment

User Info Menu

I don't post much, but have a question about Saturday night entertainment

Hello all,

I have a question. Been to Jamaica and Negril too many times to count. Every year we bring new folks along for the journey. We've done Seastar so many times on Saturday nights that the few repeaters in our group are getting tired of it. Would anyone recommend the show at Charela Inn? What are their food prices like? What about Fun Holiday's Beach Bon Fire and Buffet? I know that Charela's reputation is great. But, I'm concerned about pricing. And, can't find anything in regard to Fun Holiday and whether or not it is a good time and good value. Should we just do Seastar yet again? Most of our crew is coming from Brooklyn, NYC. We like a good time. But, are more reserved than the type that will get up on the stage with the entertainment crew. Age range this year is from my 21yo niece to my 75yo great-aunt who will be a first timer. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: I don't post much, but have a question about Saturday night entertainment

We stayed at Fun Holiday the last couple February's and did not see a bonfire on the beach. They do have entertainment and beach dinners several times a week tho. You could email them at funholidaybeachresort@cwjamaica.com to see if they have a schedule and pricing.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

When we were there in January, the band that usually plays at Boat Bar was playing next door at Rondel Saturday night, started fairly early, around 7. Had a great meal at Boat Bar while listening to the first set and then went over to Rondel. Not a big crowd, but a great band.

User Info Menu

I have done the Sat night Beach Buffet at Fun Holiday 3 times.....the entertainment is just a small deal, lasts only during dinner....the meal is awesome...they grill pork, chicken fish right on the beach....12 to 15 dollars.....includes a cocktail...we feel the same way about seastar saturday night....done it so many times....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback. I'll email Fun Holiday as suggested. It sound like a good option based on the meal. The Boat Bar Band sounds like an option depending on our mobility. Thanks again. Any additional feedback on Charela Inn is welcome. But, Fun Holiday is moving up on my list.

User Info Menu

Charela Inn is very good quality - food and music. But you will pay for that, compared to the other properties mentioned. Not sure how the prices would compare to Brooklyn, but I live in a medium size city in the Midwest, and to get the same quality and ambience where I live, I would pay more.

To me - it's completely worth it for a special night out.

User Info Menu

i agree charelas show on thursday is a good time...i enjoyed watching couples dancing. drink prices a little high but good luck getting someone to serve them to you...1 of my complaints..

User Info Menu

Nurse Marcia & Babalew- Thanks for the feedback on Charela Inn. That is pretty much what I thought in relationship to price. There will be a group of 10 of us that night. We have family driving over from Kingston. And, they have done Seastar with us before as well. So, we'll have to weigh our pocket...lol