Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Takin' the Newbies along Part 2 - a trip report

User Info Menu

Re: Takin' the Newbies along Part 2 - a trip report

NRV...I think it's the pressure change from flying etc.
    Many people get the tortuous, swollen feet and I get it in reverse now. I had not left Jamaica for a few years...went back to Canada and couldn't wear my shoes the whole time I was visiting...luckily, it was warm enough to have worn some larger flip flops for my pained, swollen feet.

User Info Menu

thanks for your excellent t.r. and pics, we are booked for Rooms next Feb, hopefully we will cross paths, soon come

User Info Menu

Yup, the swollen feet thing is due to the flight in most csses.

It happens to some people and it can also just start to happen one day when it never happened before.

You can get support stockings from medical supply merchants and from selected pharmacies (I'm sure on the interweb too) that you can put on before boarding the plane and then take them off when you land. They seem to be successful in eliminating or greatly reducing the swelling in most cases.

See this link for other helpful hints. Regardless of what it says in the link it can last for days. This condition affects my brother and my niece when they fly.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...g/faq-20057828
    Last edited by halfwaytree; 04-06-2017 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tips. It only seems to happen in the evening toward the latter part of our trip. They don't swell ridiculously - just noticeable to me.

Thanks for everyone's kind comments. I'm glad I could take you all along on our little trip!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Jenn GREAT report I'm usually antsy and don't get a chance to read a full report but I must say your report kept me coming back! Thanks for sharing! I also look forward to checking out Dru's patties & Canoe for breakfast!
    Last edited by IRIEchic; 04-10-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Thanks, IRIEchic. Can I look forward to a report from you when you get back?! **Insert answer [YES] here**

Have a great trip!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Jenn, you are a wonderful writer. Thanks for sharing your story and great photos.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Thanks, Sue. I took great notes this year and finished it in a timely manner...haha that helped significantly!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Loved reading your story. Also loved your Pics. Thanks for taking the time to do it. We have never stayed at Rooms. Sounds like a good location.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Thanks, IRIEchic. Can I look forward to a report from you when you get back?! **Insert answer [YES] here**

Have a great trip!
    Jenn I've never done a report but I will...
    **Insert answer [YES] here** mi will this time!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!