Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting hitched! Need Negril wedding info and tips

User Info Menu

Getting hitched! Need Negril wedding info and tips

Whagwaan Negril.com? It's been awhile since I posted regularly on the board, and I hope you've all been doing well.

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but I wanted to start a new thread that I can refer back to, and also welcome any new/current info and advice.

I haven't officially decided on a location or a date....or really anything accept the guy!!

We agree on a destination wedding that will include our kids and our closest family/friends. Of course Jamaica would be my first choice, provided I can find the right location/vendors for the right price.

If you've planned a Jamaica wedding, or have knowledge of vendors / venues / etc, please feel free to overload this thread with information, contacts, and lots of advice. I'm just getting started on this and it's pretty overwhelming.

Thanks ya'll

1 Luv

Name:  Sayulita - smaller.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  56.7 KB
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Re: Getting hitched! Need Negril wedding info and tips

Congrats Tizzy!!!

Sorry, I have nothing to actually offer as far as weddings go, but I'm sure you guys will do it up right!

Good Luck!!!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Tizzy, what I have is old information, but what sticks most in my mind at this point was that it was not that difficult to plan. Granted, my daughter was not "too fussy" about the whole affair as she was finishing college and studying for her nursing exam. For the most part everything went off without a hitch. What made it easier was that Janet and I went down about 6 months before the wedding to plan the event. What we thought would take a solid week of running around took only a couple of days. They have great memories and photos from their wedding. Don't sweat the small stuff and just let it happen.

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=frazier

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Congrats Tizzy!!! Many blessings and have fun planning...keep us posted!!

User Info Menu

I can do the officiating for free!
    I can be the wedding singer for free!
    I can steal the neighbors flowers for free!
    I can ...............

User Info Menu

Big Shiny, and JessWade....thanks for the well wishes!!

Booger, I may need you to get ordained (I think you can do it online?), but I'll figure something else out for the music and flowers lol

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Tizzy, what I have is old information, but what sticks most in my mind at this point was that it was not that difficult to plan. Granted, my daughter was not "too fussy" about the whole affair as she was finishing college and studying for her nursing exam. For the most part everything went off without a hitch. What made it easier was that Janet and I went down about 6 months before the wedding to plan the event. What we thought would take a solid week of running around took only a couple of days. They have great memories and photos from their wedding. Don't sweat the small stuff and just let it happen.

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=frazier

Regards,
    Bob
    Bob, thank you so much for posting the link to your thread. I read all the way through and got a lot of good info from it. Looks like ya'll pulled off a really memorable wedding day!!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Congrats on your upcoming wedding plans !! Jamaica is one place special to get married in !

We got married in Riu Ocho Rios - this was our 1st trip away and 1st time in Jamaica. We started planning January and got married Dec 2nd of that year. This gave us plenty of time to book our rooms/tickets and gave our family and friends the year to decide if they could/or wanted to attend the wedding.

I did everything online - the wedding coordinator emails you the packages available, sends all the flowers, photographer details to you. The package for the wedding in 2009 was only $895 or less, it included the minister and the wedding package we chose. We had under 12 people attend, but the packages are easily accommodating. Picked out the location on the beach, as each resort offers different places to get married at. 3 months prior to the wedding had to send notarized documents ( just call to ensure they rec'd them!!) Don't wait til the last minute to prepare this, or you creating your own headache !

Keep in mind you must be on the island 3 business days, we flew on Saturday so the earliest we could get hitched was Wednesday that week, but it was beautiful. You chose the vows you want, religious, civil etc. At the resort we went thru all the details, and paid the remaining balance - they matched the colour of the maid of honors dress to the my flowers the day before, loved it.

My only draw back.... we had the following day to review the photos on our laptop that was the thurs evening, Friday I had to sit with the photographer to chose the ones we were getting with our package and our flight was 6:30am the following morning. It was too rushy..plus we didn't have a week after wards for honeymoon.. I would recommend a few days low key for you to unwind ... enjoy the fact you just got married, bc it's a year in the planning and in one week gone before you know it !!! I have no complaints what-so-ever at the Rui

We want to have our 10yr anniversary in Negril and renew our vows on the 7 mile beach.. there are lots of places you can get married at... Look online see how many you want, and what you want included (alcohol, food etc) Where your family would stay etc..

it's Jamaica - romantic !
    Good luck !

User Info Menu

Jomack ~ Thanks for taking the time to respond in detail. Sounds like your experience was awesome and pretty stress free. I'm glad you brought up the hurried feeling, and I'm definitely gonna take that into account and make sure we have several days after the wedding to play and unwind.

Question: Would it save some headaches if we went ahead with the official legal stuff here in the states (Courthouse) and just did a symbolic ceremony in JA?

I think the biggest decision at this point is whether to stay in a hotel that offers wedding package or stay somewhere more private and try and pull it all together myself. Currently my dream is to get married at Llantrissant (if I can make it fit the budget). If we go that route, we will likely need to source the flowers/tables/chairs ourselves....

Good news, it looks like we will be able to make a trip before the wedding! So at least we can get some of the details sorted out ahead of time.

Thanks again for sharing ya'lls experiences.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Congratulations, Tizzy!

You might want to read through Flipadelphia's wedding trip report:

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=wedding

Not sure it will help you pick the best flowers or wedding cake, but it is an entertaining booze-filled romp across the island!

User Info Menu

Congrats Tizzy!!
    There's a few good wedding planners down here if you need...Andrea from Firefly, Faith from Faithful weddings and Isabelle Weddings (though we haven't seen Isabelle lately)...