What a nice relaxing week in Negril.
Had little planned; just the way I like it.
We ended up spending most of it on the beach.
We stayed at CocoLaPalm. Great spot on the beach, plenty of good eats close by, and close enough to town where you can walk. I never walked past Margaritaville's in the other direction.
We did the Red Stripe catamaran trip which included snorkeling out by the reef near Booby Caye, from there snorkeling at the caves, dinner, and over to Rick's, and sunset cruise on the way back. Well worth the $60. They go out about a couple hundred yards from Coco La Palm heading towards town. Includes dinner and drinks.
We also did the One Love bus trip; what a fun time. Stopped at No-Name, Shanty Town, Xtabi, Sir D's, Negril Escape, and a couple others.
We ate at Best of the West (jerk chicken), Coletta's (had a nice steamed jack fish), Sweet Spot (curry conch), CocoLaPalm (coconut snapper).
All the food was good.
I found the food at Coco excellent. Had breakfast there every day, dinner one night and lunch one day.
The staff there is also excellent.....no complaints, and would stay there again "no problem man".
Got patty's and coco bread on the beach from the guy with the bicycle.
The stretch of beach at Coco is a nice place to chill. The almond and sea grape trees offer shade....plenty of action on the beach.
What I found; once you got to know the people selling stuff along the beach, and even bought what they are selling, it was much more chill, and you could engage in conversation without being hustled.
My morning routine; rolling some fatties.....they worked as nice tips to the travelling musicians along the beach, and seemed appreciated.
The only unfortunate situation was my ATM card never worked in Jamaica. We had enough USD to get by, but resorted to charging stuff to keep some cash in hand.
I never did figure that one out.....as soon as I got back the card worked no problem.
In the end, I could have easily have set up camp in that spot for a few weeks...no problem man.