Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report 4/23-4/28

Quote Originally Posted by never2many View Post
    We headed back to our room and snacked on some buns and cheese. I never thought it would go together but it actually worked. Has anyone else tried this concoction? Or maybe Mr. T was pulling my leg when he told me about it.
    Along with ackee & saltfish, jerk chicken, rice & peas, curry goat, calalloo...bun & cheese is right up there in the traditional Jamaican diet. You can't have Easter without bun & cheese either.

User Info Menu

Very nice photos!

User Info Menu

I woke up and went swimming in the clear Caribbean Waters and felt blessed that I am fortunate enough to spend this day in paradise. We bought some more fruit and soaked up the rays.

Mr T was coming over for a late breakfast. I prepared some veggie omelettes (still say eggs taste SO much better in JA than US) with toast and the fruit we purchased. We booked another massage for the following day. DH wanted to switch up our massage therapists so I agreed to have a massage with Sandra instead of Anika. That's true love.

User Info Menu

We all went swimming for a bit more after breakfast. Mr. T & I both got stung again by jellyfish. No fun.

Mr. T gave me a birthday gift and card. He carved a bookend with my name. A little something I will treasure. It is now on my desk at work so I always remember that awesome day. Name:  IMG_0998.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  90.8 KB

After swimming, I needed a Patty fix. We rolled into town and got Patties from Juici's and Hammonds. I wanted to do a taste test. My expert conclusion is Hammonds wins the beef category and Juici wins the chicken. I thought Hammonds chicken had too much curry flavor. I bought our driver lunch. He asked for beef patties from Hammonds so that proves my expert judgement
    Last edited by never2many; 05-07-2017 at 11:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Very nice photos!
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

great report...nice to meet you
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

We headed back home and played some music on the beach and waited for sunset.

User Info Menu

Mr. T had 5 dogs. He said that someone that owns goats in the area he lives in on the West End put poison out to kill all the dogs that came around his property because the dogs were eating the goats. He had to bury 4 of his dogs, one of them lived. They were all just puppies when I was in Negril 2 years ago. Very sad. He knows of about 20 dogs that died from the poison. Crazy!!!

User Info Menu

I decided to get one more sunset in on the hammock! Name:  IMG_1015.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  94.5 KB

User Info Menu

We think we determined that Swordfish was not open. I was bummed out because that is the one place I wanted to dine in Negril and was hoping to hit it on my Birthday. We decided to head to Kenny's Italian Cafe. I dig the atmosphere in that place. Back to my foodie report. I ordered Coconut shrimp for an appetizer and shrimp Alfredo for dinner. Mr. T and DH shared a pizza and some salad. The pasta and shrimp were great. I liked the food better than when I was there last year. Service was strange, we had our food before we ever got our drinks. Name:  IMG_1029.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  87.3 KBName:  IMG_1039.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  84.7 KBName:  IMG_1292.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  87.9 KB
    Last edited by never2many; 05-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.