Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your choice.

User Info Menu

Tell me your choice.

I posted this on a FB group today and got some great responses. I'll post the question here and see what the responses are. Please tell me which resort you like and WHY.

My wife and I have been to Jamaica several times and have finally stopped staying at the all inclusive resorts. So far we have stayed at Idle Awhile and Charela Inn and loved them both. We love trying new resorts and this fall we are looking at four options:. Cocolapalm, White Sands, Country Country, and Treehouse. Please let us know which of these four resorts you like the best and why. Thanks in advance!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Re: Tell me your choice.

Oohhh, tough one...I'm also curious to hear if there's someone that's stayed at all four properties in recent years.
    I've actually stayed at two of the properties...but that feels like a hundred years ago and it was only two of the properties.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-15-2018 at 08:34 AM.

User Info Menu

CCLP .............. dead center of the beach - easy walk either way to end of the beach, consistently has lots of beach depth when other places have it come and go, perfectly tapered sand into the ocean and beyond into deeper water, lots of beach frontage so you can find a area all to yourselves, plenty of quality beach chairs for everyone, beautiful well kept grounds, two pools if you are not a salt water ocean person, nice beach front grill with bar, quality restaurant for more formal meals, another bar for afternoons and evening cocktails, great modern rooms where everything works, quality and friendly management, servers, bartenders, maintenance works, cleaning persons, etc..... CCLP has been our go to place on the beach for 20+ years. We have looked at them all and for the price, IMHO nothing beats CCLP

User Info Menu

We love TreeHouse, but if there is one negative its the location. We constantly seem to be trekking towards center or opposite end of the beach. Couples and Margaritaville seem to dominate that end, so the abundance of hagglers to tourists is on the high end as well. I think TreeHouse has one of the best beach set ups of any resort on the beach though, so if you just kind of plant yourself it is hard to beat.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Coco LaPalm 3 times and had great experiences all 3 times. As Captain Oil said it is dead center of everything, has two bars, great happy hour, comfortable lounge chairs, 2 pools and a free continental breakfast. We have also stayed at Country Country twice, this year will be our third time and really like it there too. The beach area isn't as crowded as Coco gets and you get a free full breakfast. There is only 1 pool, not real big but never had a problem with it being crowded and there is a bar, however they don't offer an happy hour specials so we do wander on down to Coco for a drink or two around happy hour time. Our decision this year was based mainly on price....Coco is getting very pricey and we got a good deal through hotels.com for Country Country, it was $55. cheaper than the CC website. We've looked at the rooms at Treehouse and they all seem very nice, they have umbrellas for their patrons (as does CC, Coco does not) and they offer a free buffet breakfast and sometimes you can get great deals on Groupon with them. I've had friends stay at White Sands and I think that would be at the very bottom of my list but with the other 3 I don't think you can go wrong.

User Info Menu

CCLP has the best location and beach IMO. But kmolineux is right, they are getting a bit pricey. I tried to get into Tree House for our next stay but the rooms I wanted were booked. So I went ahead and booked CCLP.

User Info Menu

I always stay at CCLP. Always consistently good and no surprises.

User Info Menu

My 2 cents...

I've stayed at (3) mentioned and CCLP is my favorite. And, I agree with the others on CCLP I think its a great hotel and perfect location especially for the person that's coming from AI resort experiences, it's kinda on the same scale but of course smaller property and if you don't want to leave the property you don't have to because everything is there!

TreeHouse was just OK for me and that's only because of their location is too far down the beach...Although they do have that AI resort feel with most things on property, so if a person didn't want to leave the property for whateva reason they would have all they need right there.

White Sands, was just OK for me it is in a great location my apartment style room was awesome! but it lacked something and I'm not sure what...it just didn't give me that "I will definitely be back" feel... so I probably wont stay there again unless there's no other options.

If I may add Rondel Village is another nice hotel similar to CCLP but smaller and the only downside for me is they don't have umbrellas outside the hotel walls so if you are lounging on the beach you will literally cook lounging under that sun with no kinda shade, although some folks like that...they do have a few inside the wall but who wants to lounge inside that's my only hang up with them.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Cocolapalm is great. I would add Charela and Idle awhile

User Info Menu

I've always wanted to try CCLP. It was on my short list for April. Sorry, I haven't actually tried any of them!

One of the things that actually prevented me from choosing it was that they used to have a great interactive map on their website, I am a total nerd about where my room is located... anyway, I couldn't access that map and couldn't make an informed room choice. Maybe for another trip.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion