Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Plan ahead for your healthcare needs on your visit to Negril! PreRegister

User Info Menu

Plan ahead for your healthcare needs on your visit to Negril! PreRegister

No one wants to think about an illness or injury on vacation. My goal is to be there for you as a patient advocate to provide nursing services, collaborate with physicians/other services needed OR facilitate transportation if you need to GO somewhere for a higher level of care! I have services I trust and have learned that from day to day OR depending on the time of day, services can vary....be prepared. Keep my number handy just in case, but especially if you have pre-existing conditions, allergies and/or serious healthcare history you should PreRegister. ** I encourage everyone to PreRegister so I know dates you are coming in AND where you are staying at least! You do not want any delays of locating you especially at night! I cover beach road and cliff hotels as well as businesses to make sure you have a representative to take care of your need or advise. I am very cautious on where I go at night and need to plan ahead. This is my fourth year and it gets busier for me every year....we need to work together to make a plan more ahead of time!

This process of PreRegistering will now get you into my logbook for this season. I do not save info from season to season for confidentiality reasons as my clients have requested. Every season this logbook is accurate and updated which is necessary for me to care for you! I cannot express the importance of having someone come when you need help and my service is the only service out like this! I am first call for a list of hotels and have great references...in fact I HAVE NEVER heard a complaint!! I carry medic bag and have AED available if needed. When consulting physicians I can facilitate and arrange prescription delivery to you or make arrangements for visit without an all day stay. There is NO ONE else that can do this in Negril. I alone do my best to be there for you, and surprisingly last year I had more day calls than night which avoids the lengthy stay sitting in clinic. The physicians are busy in clinic and appreciate my being available to cover many needs. I have built relationships with physicians/services for years to be able to consult 24 hours and use technology to advise. I do my best to cover your needs and avoid ambulance trips, many issues can wait if you are seen and advised on. I can honestly say I can count on two hands the have lives I have saved purely on advising on what they need to do...BEST investment in Negril that you can make for yourself. I anticipate a busy season once again so plan ahead. With the healthcare center and clinics closing by dark and the closest hospital a half hour away, know you have a service you can trust. I continue to strive for 24 hour clinic in Negril and a hospital always seems to be coming...but in the meantime you have a service that will be honest, keep costs down and tell you what you need to do! Some service will send an ambulance to take you to Mobay when it is not needed and that is why I am first call when I arrive back into town for many hotels every year, they know and prefer me to consult first...be careful. Most hotels do not have an AED or staff informed on how to deal with an urgent situation so please consider this when you look to book AND PreRegister for my service.

I always encourage travel insurance (you get receipts to turn it), carry credit card (ambulance and hospital coverage which you can seek reimbursement) and have cash on hand always in your safe (most services that come to you require cash). Know in order to fly out, you need to be stable so it is best of I advise on the process and get you all the care you can get to assist you in Negril or outlying areas before you sit in a hospital, with that credit card. Feel free to copy and paste this vital service to anyone or any FB page for people to know they have help! I hope this information has been helpful and see you in Negril!!
    Attached Images Attached Images