Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: UPDATE- Omega Medical

User Info Menu

UPDATE- Omega Medical

Update-
    In recent weeks, I received an email from Omega Sales/Marketing expressing their deep concern regarding my hospital experience. I met with the Sales Rep and CFO earlier this month. I shared the details, reliving every hellish detail. They listened, took notes and confirmed an internal investigation would be conducted. Once complete, they would share their findings with me. Have not heard a word since the meeting on the 5th. I have reached out twice. No response.

During this meeting I learned that the CFO and other higher ups were on property, aware and discussing amongst themselves that I was transferring to Sav for surgery due to their costs being more than I could manage. It was said to me?.they could not understand why the transfer to Sav public hospital when Sav does not perform the type of surgery I needed. Yep, you read it! They knew I could not have the surgery at Sav and never came to me to advise, never said a word about it to me until this meeting. And they call themselves medical professionals?

Upon exciting the Boardroom, several persons were sitting in an adjacent room. Were they listening to our convo? Ironically, Dr Dale Foster, Owner/Director was there, he waved and smiled. He could have come to the meeting too!

A Guide to Ethical Practice in Jamaica, drafted and published by the Jamaica Medical Council, outlines the ethical principles and standards that medical professionals should follow. Have they violated these principles and standards? Yes!

On a lighter note, I finally received my medical records, X-rays and the refund owed to me.

The saga continues?.

User Info Menu

Re: UPDATE- Omega Medical

Thanks for the update.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Thank you for updating us.

User Info Menu

Hope things are looking up physically too.

User Info Menu

I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm glad you got your medical records, xrays and refund. Everyone involved in this needs to be fired. Is there a way you could file charges?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NegrilIrene View Post
    I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm glad you got your medical records, xrays and refund. Everyone involved in this needs to be fired. Is there a way you could file charges?
    I?ve done my research and made my contacts. Time will tell.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the update.