Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boring old guy report... season 2

User Info Menu

Boring old guy report... season 2

Well my woman, Corey, decided to head to Boston to watch her grand daughters a few weeks while her kids went shark diving off of Mexico ( f%cking crazy if you ask me) so I took this opportunity for another reach. Always looking for something different, I decided to try out Caribbean Delight. The trip down was pretty smooth out of Buffalo thru Philly and I thought the airport was going to be rough at first because they were stopping all the tourists in the hallway before immigration but it was just to hand out c5 forms (obviously, this is their solution for people that didn't get the memo about doing it online). Once past there, the kiosks and facial recognition station worked like clock work and I arrived at the luggage belt just as my suitcase was coming down the belt! Got picked up by the boys from Luxurios Carib and with a quick stop at the megamart, and miraculously, no line at the Lucea Scotia bank, I was on my way to Negril. When I arrived I had to hunt down Detta, the owner, but she, and Tiny, got me set up in my room over looking the ocean in no time. Being the OCD freak I am, I had to unpack first but there was still plenty of time to throw on my trunks, grab a stripe at the bar and take a much needed dunk in the ocean to let the travel stress just release.

After relaxing a couple of hours it was time to clean up for dinner. I decided to walk down the beach to roots to see if they still have their music going this late in the season and they do! Then walked over to Alfred's for their fish and chips for my first meal since the muffin I had in the buffalo airport at 5am, and it was great as always. I used to track down the bartender Rudy (great mixologist) but I haven't seen him since the old Yard Beach got bought out and he opened his 'Rudy's back yard bar'across the street from Alfred's. I walked back there after dinner and found out he's out of town til Monday, so I'll have to catch up later. From there I decided to walk down the road and find the 24 hour Fusions bar since I've read about it in the past. When I got there it was quiet but I got to talking to the bartender and the chef (I'm horrible with names) and they talked me into coming back and trying their menu(the jerk chicken pasta with pineapple looked interesting). So starting to run out of steam I walked down the beach to Sunny side for the coldest beer I ever had(it was literally a frozen slushy) chatting with some local guys before calling it a night to hangout on my porch, over looking the ocean, to some Bob Marley before bedtime!
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 04-14-2024 at 07:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Boring old guy report... season 2

Name:  20240413_180833.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  2.65 MBName:  20240413_184032.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  2.37 MBName:  20240413_191252.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  2.24 MBName:  20240414_074630.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  1.87 MBName:  20240414_074705.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  1.21 MB

User Info Menu

Ukran1ans,

Good good stuff!
    More please!!!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics and report Jerry. We've been home 9 days and missing our second home bad. You might want to head over to Drifters this afternoon. Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Marie View Post
    Thanks for the pics and report Jerry. We've been home 9 days and missing our second home bad. You might want to head over to Drifters this afternoon. Enjoy!!
    Already on the agenda Nanc!

(Oddly enough, I mentioned yours and Gerry's name to people there and they didn't have a clue who I was talking about but did reference some trouble makers that they were happy to see leave a week ago.. hmmm )
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 04-14-2024 at 08:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a grand way to spend the 1st night Ukran1. Hope your trip goes slow and easy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Already on the agenda Nanc!

(Oddly enough, I mentioned yours and Gerry's name to people there and they didn't have a clue who I was talking about but did reference some trouble makers that they were happy to see leave a week ago.. hmmm )
    Are the pics of the place you're staying? I like that set up. Small and quaint and right on the beach. 1FusionNegril is hit or miss in terms of a crowd being there but since they let guests pick the music they want and use their mic for karaoke if they want it's a great late night option when the other beach bars close as they're open 24 hours. I suspect in off season it won't be that busy but I will check it out next month. It's largely dependent on guests at Travellers and Negril Beach Club Condos but definitely try the food. I've enjoyed every meal and if you're an early riser like me the kitchen is open 24 hours so you can get coffee and breakfast in the early AM if you want. I went over there a couple of times in February around 6AM to enjoy coffee, a spliff, and the sunrise. Nadine and her husband are both very friendly and accommodating as are the rest of their staff.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great start! Have fun Jerry.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Yeah, the 1st, 4th& 5th pics are of the patio off my room's porch and some of its flora and fauna. The funny thing is that next door is a packed beach at Vera club and it's just me and a young couple honeymooning on our lil section of the beach.

So yesterday was more about settling into the groove here. Walked 2 properties over to Alfred's for their Negril breakfast, great sandwich (melted cheese, ham, eggs, tomatoes on coco bread with some Johnny cakes). Then I walked down the beach to stretch the legs for a bit before coming back and settling in for a much needed beach day. Pretty wavy out there but not bad to float around in once past the breakers with my faithful bubba cup of Kingston 62 and Coke, no sugar. Did some reading and relaxed till it was time to hit Drifters. Luddy was his usual best doing 3 sets with a few locals jumping in to give him some breaks. Was a packed house running in to some old acquaintances like Stan and fellow Bills fan, Doc (I swear he's as close to being an expat as can be.. lol, always around). Of course making new friends as well (easy so do when you're the only one that remembers to bring a bottle opener for their bucket off stripes.. lol). I wound up closing the place down then hitting the new Sky Garden across the street for some shrimp fried rice and hanging with some people till bed time.
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 04-15-2024 at 09:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Name:  20240414_103415.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  2.29 MBName:  20240413_192554.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  1.21 MB