Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

Speechless

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

Shamrock is on the road across from Alfreds / Grand Pineapple. It is a great place to get OJ and do some shopping for snacks.

User Info Menu

I can relate to several parts of this trip...first my wife cannot understand a word...I ALWAYS have to translate...Its pretty common for someone to say somethnig and she looks directly towards me before she answers..She used to just nod, but kept finding herself ordering stuff she didnt want, agreeing to things that she didnt want to agree to, etc...very funny...

Our first trip, we didnt speak to any boardies, rob or lisa, just a few jamacians...since then we have opened up...

and the rum punches at canoe, my first trip to canoe, had a couple 2 for 1 punches on empty stomach, and well, uh.....gee, thats about all I remember about this story....Janet found me hugging the wall outside of canoe, got us home, and I woke up in the middle of the night, with no idea where I was....I tread very lightly on the punches,....hehehe

great report, cherry.....since this report is coming to an end, I am already looking forward to the next trip...you will be more comfortable with the runnings and it just gets better and better....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Shamrock - I love that store and the OJ!! Last couple of trips we were right across the street, this year it will be quite a walk, but worth it!

User Info Menu

More questions while we wait for today's installment - how long would it take to walk from Country Country to Shamrock's? Can you walk up the beach and then cut over? Is the juice that good or would we be better to buy from someone on the beach?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Hehe...Kirby is the owner of Canoe!
    I saw that and LMAO'd! You had the owner of Canoe stop for your OJ at Shamrock....!!!!!!
    Kirby is a kind dude!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    HoneyBee, write it. Go for it.

There is fresh juice on the beach every morning. From Flex and his delicious orange, and mango and pineapple. Were the guys not offering juice on the beach?
    Either its Kenny or Keith...one does the jerk pork and the other does the best juices on the beach....I can never keep the names straight...being around Kuyaba between 10 and noon is a sure bet for both...
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Cherry, I absolutely LOVE this report and relate to so many things you have said.

We definitely need to get together during our stay!
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RockRobster View Post
    Either its Kenny or Keith...one does the jerk pork and the other does the best juices on the beach....I can never keep the names straight...being around Kuyaba between 10 and noon is a sure bet for both...
    Dean is the jerk pork vendor. Not sure what is Flex's real name and there is another juice guy whom I have yet to meet.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

It is interesting how as we get towards the end of the trip, your minds seem to be turning towards the return voyage. That is very much how it went down on the trip too.

Bnewb, Marley and RockRobster – I don't know whether to hope it was or wasn't Canoe owner Kirby who drove us home that night – I did really want that OJ and I didn't want to walk back to Shamrock's in the rain, but still

Clarity – Thanks for the kind words. The only reason I haven't started packing is because I have been too busy with this trip report! Working on it has been a nice distraction from the countdown. I said to Sunshine this morning that the suitcase was coming out this weekend; his response was that he was surprised it wasn't out already. Regardless, I will still be shuffling things in and out at the last minute.

T&A – I am on your nephew's team on this one, but I am still LMAO! Laughing with him, of course

HoneyBee – there are a lot of sandwich artists in Negril, the temptation was just too great for us. I don't want to make it sound like a free for all though. For any newbies reading, it is worth noting we were almost exclusively enjoying them within the confines of our resort. One doesn't need to attract unwanted attention. Now HoneyBee, get on that trip report.

Lady Jane – they were guys selling juice on the beach, though we were often late to the beach and missed them. I like to enjoy my OJ in bed, so we needed to get it the night before.

Groove – I am beginning to think there are more of us just smiling and nodding our way through their trips than I previously thought. Love the Rum punch knockout story. I am looking forward to returning, meeting more people and maybe, just maybe, understanding something of what is going on!

Mamade – we are in the same boat with the walk this year, but I am sure it is going to be worth it. I think am going to have to find an alternative up on the cliffs though. That is just too far!

2nutz – I imagine you could cut through from the beach at Alfred's. I have no idea how long the walk would be. Our experience with chartering a cab was that making quick stops along the route didn't add to the fare. If you are heading back from the west end, it is east to stop on the way past.

Rina – We will for sure have to connect – I'm sorry that we will be arriving just a bit too late to crash the wedding!

Now, back to Friday in Negril...