Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast

Thread: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

Long before we purchased our flights, I was making plans for where we were going to stay. I really had two criteria, Sunshine needed AC and I needed at least a queen size bed. Of course, it also needed to be awesome, but there seems to be a lot of that in Negril.

I am a big believer that moving around a little bit during a vacation makes the whole things seem much longer. If you change the view every couple of days, home seems longer and further away each time. I had originally though a straight cliff/beach split would be the plan, but I was having a hard time narrowing to just one of each. I have no idea how many times I said to myself, 'That is it, this is the final plan,' but it seemed I was changing my mind every week. With each positive trip report, the possibilities got more endless.

As last winter's trip reports unfolded, it was hard not to notice that there was a lot of love on this board for Catcha Falling Star. I was trying to stretch my dollars to 10 days though, so most of the rooms at Catcha were just a bit out of reach. Pisces looked great (it is my sign) and I loved the patio, but I just couldn't talk myself into the double bed. Little Capricorn didn't have a patio and I wanted our own outside space. Gatehouse had the bigger bed, but I was worried about being near the road.

Lucky for me at the end of April Sweetness was staying in the Gatehouse and she was reporting live. She answered a number of questions for me and urged me to get on booking. Though we didn't actually have the vacation approved and hadn't settled for sure on the length of our stay, before the boardie bash was done, we had booked 3 nights in the Gatehouse. It will be stop #2 on this year's adventure.

So where to start things off? Right where we found our groove last time, at Blue Cave Castle. Sunshine was excited enough about returning that he actually sat down with me and we went through all the air conditioned rooms on the BCC website to pick the one we wanted. Our first choice wasn't available, but there was a close second. Before I pushed the button, I thought I would show him the Penthouse. It took him about 12 seconds to decide that AC was actually not that important to him. It was available, so we will be playing King of the Castle in the penthouse for our first 3 nights in Negril.

Our last 4 nights, we are headed down to the beach. I had narrowed our choices down to Nirvana on the Beach and Idle Awhile. It was a really tough choice. Having had fun picking the penthouse, Sunshine was keen to weigh in on this choice, so we looked at pictures and videos from all over the place. Ultimately, Idle Awhile was the winner. Of course, after all that, they didn't have any room at the inn.

I think it was fate though, as Idle Awhile was stretching the budget. For some reason I hadn't thought to check on what was on sale at Negril One Stop. They had their winter sale for CocoLaPalm, which had always been a real contender. It was going to cost of half of what Idle Awhile would have and it is right next door to Idle Awhile. I have certainly viewed their webcams enough time. I would have liked a junior suite, but they didn't have any available for our dates. I am sure the superior room will do the trick nicely. Besides, I am going to be on the beach most of the time anyway.

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

Does deciding where to stay get any easier the more often you go? LOL I think you've chosen well, you're down to a week!! Lucky girl!

User Info Menu

Cherry absolutely loved the report, you're a GREAT writer and I felt like I was on the journey with you and Sunshine the entire time. Have fun on this next trip and I can't wait for the next journey (trip report) you take us on!

User Info Menu

OMG, yay!
    You are going to LOVE the Penthouse, nice work!
    That room is so cool with all the different levels and views of the west end.....and if you enjoyed watching the (*DAISY ALERT! DAISY ALERT! DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART* ) bats just wait until you sit out on that porch area at penthouse (across the bridge right on the water) at night the sky is soooooo clear and you can lay there and watch the millions of stars twinkling along with the millions of bats flying around. It's really cool, you are going to love it!

Great choices, I am super excited for the next installment!

User Info Menu

okay - I'll get a table for 8 people that way we have extra space or room for 1 more!

User Info Menu

Cherry - we are moving to Coco after our first two nights also! We will be in Pisces - I was debating that bed also...but I think we will survive - they we move to the king at Coco lol I'll swap you peeks if you don't mind - I'm dying to see inside Gatehouse Blue Cave Castle has always had me interested.
    Irie - thanks! We will see you at Seastar! getting very excited!
    Marley - I always get excited reading everyone's before and after trip reports! Your not that far behind us

User Info Menu

small bed = cuddles people! I think you can handle it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mamade11 View Post
    Cherry - we are moving to Coco after our first two nights also! We will be in Pisces - I was debating that bed also...but I think we will survive - they we move to the king at Coco lol I'll swap you peeks if you don't mind - I'm dying to see inside Gatehouse Blue Cave Castle has always had me interested.
    Irie - thanks! We will see you at Seastar! getting very excited!
    Marley - I always get excited reading everyone's before and after trip reports! Your not that far behind us
    For sure I want to sneak a peek! So funny you are moving down to Coco too, reminds me of something about great minds and thinking a like, right? It has been snowing all day here, the countdown can't go fast enough!

And thanks Irie, it should be a great evening!

User Info Menu

OMG, I am glad that I finished on last year's part of this report when I did or I would have left the ending just dangling. I can't believe how busy I have been getting ready for this trip and getting organized for Christmas when we get home. I hardly missed a day on the board for what seemed like months and now I haven't logged in since last week! The good news is it looks like there are lots of updates, which will be good reading at the airport. Only an hour left until I pull the pin on my work day.

I just got my email confirmation from Kingsley that he will be there to pick us up in MoBay TOMORROW. When I put the counter on my phone I had 223 days to go, now it is at 1. Yippee!

The only computer tech I am travelling with is my smartphone and I haven't ever actually made a post on the board from it. I have visions of a posting a bit of a picture story as we go along, but I don't know how the reality will turn out.

Soon come Negril!

User Info Menu

OMG!
    Awesome

Have a blast!