I have pretty limited experience with all-inclusive. I spent a week at one in Turkey with my parents when I was in high school. It was heavenly. Unrelated to this trip, I had suggested a couple of times to Sunshine that we ought to do an AI, and he always kind of shrugged his shoulders with a 'whatever' kind of attitude. Still, most of my impressions come second hand and generally the stories are really good. Jamaica is the birthplace of the all-inclusive, so if ever there was a time it would be now right?

Westjet had packages to all the big AI resorts in Negril, some of which were more affordable than others. I pretty much eliminated the fanciest places because I didn't want to spend that kind of cash and I didn't want to have to dress up for dinner.

In the end, I narrowed it down to two options: Sunset at the Palms AI on Bloody Bay or Rooms on the Beach, which included breakfast. There was a bit more than $1000 in difference between the two, but I figured that our Red Stripe bill on the beach would close that gap in a hurry. In fact, Rooms would probably end up costing us more. SATP looked beautiful. I liked the concept, the pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor were great. It did seem a bit away from things though. Rooms on the Beach wasn't as fancy, but it was on the main beach and looked to be walking distance from a tonne of places and not far from the nightlife. Reviews were good, no red flags.

So it was time to go back to Sunshine to get his impression. I start off the conversation simply, "So I have been trying to decide between AI and non-AI."

He immediately replies, "Non-AI."

I forge on, "There are a lot of things we should consider."

"Non-AI makes the most sense to me," he replies.

"Ok, so I am just going to spend the next 10 minutes going over pros and cons with you." I'm paraphrasing a bit here.

"I think non-AI is a good idea," he quite patiently states several more times as I go through my mental list.

"So, considering all that I think I'm leaning towards non-AI. Should I go ahead and book it?"

"Yes dear."

Fifteen minutes later we were the proud owners of two tickets to Rooms on the Beach. That was with only 43 days to go. Let the countdown begin!