Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 40 years later

User Info Menu

Re: 40 years later

francis....off the subject for a moment..but, where in present day was Millie & Charlie's property located? Also, Elijah & Norlina's? Thanx, only a couple of chapters left to go.

User Info Menu

Kimbobwee,

Croton Grove - it is almost directly across from the Blue Cave Castle - Elijah's real name is Everton and he is the current owner of the property, and Millie (whose real name was Daisy) and Charlie are no longer alive. Norlina is a fictional character. Elkhannah the fishermen died just 3 days before my May 2011 visit (when I stayed at the Blue Cave Castle to write the final chapters that you are now reading); I visited all of the places mentioned in the novel to stimulate memory and imagination. Lord Joseph was dead and his sister, Auntie May, is now owner of his lovely cave (she keeps it under lock and key but will let you go in if you buy a Red Stripe from her and sit and chat for a while - she is quite eccentric - most Negril Jamaicans and tourist are).

Thank you for taking the time to read the novel, it was a labor of love and quite enjoyable to write.

Respect & Irie,

Fren-mon (Francis O. Lynn)

User Info Menu

Name:  mariner copy.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  89.6 KB
    Can anyone recall where this photo was taken?

User Info Menu

This could be one of a 100 places in Negril, maybe more depending on the year it was taken.

User Info Menu

Francis, thanx so much....I know Everton. Have stayed at Croton Grove numerous times and BBC. Staying at Le Mirage right now for the first time...on nite #28 of 30, leave on Wednesday. Much Respect....Thanx again.

User Info Menu

1977--perhaps Mariners? It was along the water, there was a bar, I think in the shape of a boat. It was near Mirage.

User Info Menu

Glad to find this site---brings back a lot of memories. First time in Negril was in 1973. We stayed in a house in Red Ground. Don't remember the name, but they had the guys roll us a couple of spliffs. Went back and forth from 1973 to 1977/78. Stayed on the cliffs with Sammy Jackson. Then on the beach at the Sands Club. At the Sands Club they let me stay for free in a tree house on the property. Last time I was in Negril was when they were building the resort at the end of the beach. Haven't been back, not sure if it would be hard to see how much it's changed. Saw some recent photos from the beach---it was sad to see. Some of the resorts had roped off swimming areas. He also had some video of the area around where the Wharf Club had been--didn't look as peaceful as I remember. Has anyone that was there in the 70's returned after all those years? It was such a special, beautiful place, not sure seeing all the development and changes would make it difficult to be there.

User Info Menu

I would gather that it does not resemble anything close to what you remember. However, it is indeed still a very special place.

User Info Menu

Look familiar?

Name:  Sands 1972 copy.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  97.2 KB

User Info Menu

Great picture! Weekly (Wednesdays?) tours came in from Montego Bay. They had a buffet with lobster pizza. Eleanor and Hans owned it. Lovely people. Is the Sands Club still there? If not, what is?