Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

bravo vi!! beautifully done reporting . . . and yes, as i said, ja folks are "rough rough" with their own, absolutely, see it over and over again. and yes, that's the cycle that continues that needs to be broken. . . . i'm a realist, not in my lifetime!!!

as much as i love winnifred, i can only handle so much of the local intrusion . . . san san and frenchman's are my getaways from the local scene. i've been to san san countless times, spent better part of the day there and be the only person there. just the way i love it!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    ....I told them what I thought of them and dropped the basket of items I planned on purchasing on the counter.Even when they saw I was visibly upset, they still tried to persuade me to buy their overly priced trinkets. I kissed my teeth and said a few not so nice words and left. No apologies or anything...
    Good for you!! I bet you picked up on the same negative vibe I felt. Being rude/mean to someone because they "fit" a profile doesn't fly with me. Especially when it comes to children. and YES on stressing your feelings by affecting their pockets. Ms. Kaycee...I hope that basket you left behind was FULL! loll

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yes ma'am! It was about $200usd worth of items.

I know shopping is suppose to make you feel better, but I felt excellent after not buying those items.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    bravo vi!! beautifully done reporting . . . and yes, as i said, ja folks are "rough rough" with their own, absolutely, see it over and over again. and yes, that's the cycle that continues that needs to be broken. . . . i'm a realist, not in my lifetime!!!

as much as i love winnifred, i can only handle so much of the local intrusion . . . san san and frenchman's are my getaways from the local scene. i've been to san san countless times, spent better part of the day there and be the only person there. just the way i love it!!!
    Jitterbug, I want to thank you for your contributions as well as support with the report. I'm just beginning to see all that is common territory to you so your input was highly appreciated.

San San is on my list for the same reason you mentioned. Sometimes you just need to be with you and God (or whom ever one connects with spiritually). Under the Rock is close, but it's not a place I would want to do alone. However Frenchman's Cove is. From now on FC or San San will be a must for me when it's time to say goodbye.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    Yes ma'am! It was about $200usd worth of items.

I know shopping is suppose to make you feel better, but I felt excellent after not buying those items.
    oooooweeee!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Personally I don’t mind paying admission for absolute undisturbed relaxation. This was the perfect choice for my last day in Portland.

User Info Menu

That was just a fantastic trip report vi! Thanks for letting me tag along with you. I never really knew ANYTHING about the Portland area, and now I feel like I MUST GO!

Thanks again vi, hope you get to go back soon
    murph

User Info Menu

The restuarant and bar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    That was just a fantastic trip report vi! Thanks for letting me tag along with you. I never really knew ANYTHING about the Portland area, and now I feel like I MUST GO!

Thanks again vi, hope you get to go back soon
    murph
    Murph!!! Thank you sooo much for not just tagging along, but letting me know you occupy a seat. Your comments were very motivating and kind. PLEASE do try to spend a little time in Portland. It's all I say it is and more. OH and make me ask you something...is tomorrow soon enough????

User Info Menu

yeap, I humiliated that bottle of red stripe by dressing it in that tacky cozy.

The fly UNDER the fly you see had the audacity to think I would be okay with it getting a sip of my $12.50 drink!!! No sir, Vi doesn’t share her rum with any creature…especially flies! Well he paid the price and ended up being dinner and a cocktail to his frind.

Silly thing to write about in a TR I know. But being in Portland helps clear my head of the serious to make room for the silly. And you know what…I thank PA for reminding me just how GOOD silly feels.