Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Loving this, Vi! Don't think I've ever had a trip to JA when I haven't heard Kenny Rogers.

User Info Menu

I laughed at that as well, because I have most definitely heard the gambler played in Jamaica before. LOL

Also, the exchange with the guy about the mangos....LOLOL

Good stuff
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

a mechanic is a plus in my book, but dang could he take a little time? that was a bit much. were you able to salvage your shirt?

LOL @ Kenny Rogers, that would have gotten a big "Hell to the NO" from me. he's talented but I can't stand the vast majority of country music

User Info Menu

Vi.. I would love to visit Portland one day... especially if you are my guide... More report please....
    Last edited by SPARKLE1010; 08-30-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: to correct spelling

User Info Menu

(((Vi))) Always loved going to Jamaica thru your eyes and word.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    I can not type another word about traveling another mile without saying Thank You, Summer, for those truly moving words. While it was bought to my attention that “someone mentioned” me in a thread, I didn’t know what to expect. After reading your post I, of course, cried. You see, I have very strong opinions regarding trip reports and had considered voicing a couple in that thread. But wasn’t sure if it were necessary…I do feel Dash expressed most of thoughts well. However, there was still one or two I considered mentioning. Well your motivating expression made me decide to use that energy to bang out a report instead and at last keep my promise to Ms. Sparkle.

However, it’s because of YOU that other readers are gonna suffer from the amount of words and pictures and stories I plan to cram into it…all just for you.

Hope you enjoy my dear Summer!
    Oh Vi you made my evening!! I am so glad I logged on I have been thinking about you wondering if you made another post about Port land. Thank you thank you. I can never get enough of your trip reports with all that beautiful scenery. I can literally lose myself in that country side like now when am bone tired from working trying to make the dollars for my tuition and I did. One more year of school.......now let me go read even though it's almost midnight I can sleep in tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Well Vi, like I say I do not travel much have only left Canada once went to Montego Bay stayed with a Jamaican friend from University. Not even her has been to Port land but let me tell you lady this TR is more than I bargained for.....love, love it. I especially love how you dealt with the Mr. that professed his love for you (brought a smile to my face) and your description. The scenery and flora of Port land is fabulous and your description its as if am right there. Well this is my last year in University and am telling you my second trip to Jamaica when I graduate and have the cash will be to Port land.

Thank you for taking me on a trip with you to Jamaica!! your writing and your pictures make it seem as if I actually took a vacation. I am going back to school this morning all refreshed as if I took a vacation to Port land, even my Mom was reading this trip report with me and enjoying it and she is a die hard Canadian who only travel within Canada. Portland though reminds me of British Columbia interior. Once again, thank you so much for sharing and will check back as time allows school and two part-time jobs does not allow me much free time.

User Info Menu

What not even one?!?! Sammy, darlin, you really missed out. Hate to rub it in, but every one I ate was sweeter then the one before. Talk about juicy…had the syrupy liquid running down my chin many times. I mean I was down right slopping as I devoured mangos to my satisfaction. Oh and don’t get me started on the fragrance that could be tantalizing even though the bag!!!! Although I’m selfish with my mangos, I would have shared ONE with ya!!

Hi Maryann..thanks for tagging along and happy you are enjoying the recollection so far. Got PLENTY more to come. This was my first KR set. It’s usually some One Love cd (urgh) or Celine Dion. I’m bringing my own next reach.

Hi Tizzy…stick around, going to share a couple more entertaining exchanges with different people.

You are right goldilocks, was digging the fact he’s a mechanic. But he didn’t have time for formalities…his plan was for us to get married before I left Ocho Rios and on to Negril. That was what...4 days???!! I knew when he had me fenning for food we were not a match. I’m not a CW fan either, but the cd wasn’t too bad. The red stripe helped a lot.

Sparkle…like I said, it’s time!!!! Dust off that passport and freshen up those tankinis…soon come.

User Info Menu

SUMMER!!!! So glad to see you posted. You made the drive to work in that back-to-school traffic worth the headache. You are truly a sweetheart and a trip report inspiration to me. I was basically going to do another photo report with much less photos than I normally flood this site with, but after reading your post in the Negril Forum side and now your wonderful words here, I’ve decided to give you and others who may be interested, all I got!!! However I’ll have you and your mother in mind as I describe people, places and special moments.

Do take notes sweetie to prepare you for your reward for all your studying and prepping for life. You trip to Portland will be a totally different experience the Montego Bay. I can’t stress that enough. And when the times comes for you to lock in that ticket, I will be more than happy to be your virtual guide. Until then…enjoy!!!!

User Info Menu

*Vi* is back....can't wait for more postings..