Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125257585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Yes Sandman, you can walk to Piggies from Tim Bamboo. It’s about a ten minute walk at the “point” where the road splits. You are also in walking distance of downtown itself. Once in town you will easily find the mall. Directly across from the mall is the gate entrance to the marina. Lovely area. You would definitely like the bar at Marybelle’s on the pier.

My newest local hangout is Erfa’s place. Unfortunately it’s not within walking distance, but a very easy 10 minute drive from Timbamboo. You would head east, going towards Boston Bay. Her place is at the bend in Dragon Bay. I haven’t uploaded my pictures so I don’t’ have one to post for you. It’s a tiny place on the left hand side next to a side road and the house on the corner of that road is white and green. You can park right out in front. She and her daughter run it. Oh man I had a blast listening to the older gentlemen who come there to chat nonsense. Hung out there many evenings.

The new bar & grill in Boston looks nice. Didn’t get to check it out but I heard good things about it. It’s right next to the jerk center.

My absolute favorite chill spot is in Long Bay. The large, wood bar/restaurant that sits on the seaside. It’s a solid brown structure with a wrap around porch. Tables and also set up on the beach. Can’t miss it.

Do take Mrs. Sandman to Frenchman’s Cove for some Port Antonio pampering.

Alas, the only place of all the places I’m familiar with in Portland that I can’t recommend is Dickies Best Kept Secret I’ll leave it at that.

I’m so excited for you and Mrs. Sandman. I really am and truly looking forward to your pictures and hearing how you felt about Portland. Pack small umbrellas as it’s been a little rainy there off and on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Bravo Vi, a beautiful report from a beautiful person!
    Thank you so much Pisces. Got me blushing over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Well, I printed this report and have it in protective covering, read it again last night while sipping my Baileys!! it's like am reading for the first time......truly awesome report. I have read this report at least twenty times now (no kidding) and it gives me the same warm fuzzy feeling

It warms me up more than the fireplace. sigh ..... Bigup Vi
    Summer, I swear, your words continue to blow me away. You make me wanna go back and add stuff I didn’t think was interesting. You really know how to bring a smile to my face. I still haven’t re-read the report yet but I plan to print it out to show O’Neil what the heck I do with ALL the pictures I take. Maybe I’ll read it then. Thing is I’m a brutal self-critic so the first typo I see will have me wanting to throw it all away. But anyway, it makes me want to continue writing knowing there is someone out there that enjoys reading them.

Again, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your golden expressions of support.

User Info Menu

Vi,

It would be nice if you add more stuff that you thought was "boring". I bet we wouldn't think so. I hope you do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    While waiting for the driver to return with my sausage, I sip the red stripe and enjoy some Nikka Costa…”Loving You” and “Someone for Everyone” after that “So” by War.

I replay “So” at least three times, every time. Lonnie Jordan is soulful and convincing as he asks an “X” why she left him. At the time, the song’s melody and tone of the artist’s voice fit the scene I watched so attentively from afar. The man appeared lonely, maybe a little heartbroken as he concentrated on stringing his beads. I’m sure that wasn’t his situation. But it was easy to let his presence be the video to the music. The consoling ocean in the background added to my imaginative video…I hope he doesn’t mind.

HEY Vi. While at boston beach today we talked to that fellow, his name is Dennis. Not that she needed it, but my wife bought one of his necklaces. Only 5 bucks so everybody was happy. We like boston beach, will be going back in the next week, might even try surfing
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandy-girl View Post
    Vi,

It would be nice if you add more stuff that you thought was "boring". I bet we wouldn't think so. I hope you do.
    Hi Sandy-girl. Thanks so much for the comment and smilie. What I plan to do is develop the next report as a "continuation/update" post of this one. Although related, it will be a separate post and I HOPE to get it started...soon. Still sorting my pictures and outlining the narrative.

User Info Menu

Sandman, this update is soooo kool!!! I got a red seed bracelet from Dennis in October and I have to admit I love it and sorry I didn't get a necklace. Next time. I’m glad you like Boston Beach. Are you serious about surfing?? You brave soul you!!! LOL Oh if you are feeling exceptionally courageous, you and cut through the Great Huts property and dive off the cliff then swim back to the beach…but get Mrs. Sandman’s permission first.

PLEASE shoot me a picture every once in a while…I’m so in need of a PA fix.

User Info Menu

Hi there Vi. We did walk along the edge of the cove where there is a bit of a trail leading to the cliff where there's a "diving" platform. We watched a couple surfers jump in from there, I guess its a lot easier than paddling out that far. As for me, pictures and watching the surfers from there was it, I am too chicken **** to jump from that height.
    We have taken plenty of pictures but I am struggling getting them downloaded onto this crappy little netbook.
    I have actually been writing trip reports on another site, you probably know the one. PM me if you don't. I will also so if I can cut and paste to put it here.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Knock....knock...knock. Vi? Are you out there? Pretty please start your new trip report
    It's not like Im desperate or anything?
    It's not like I have 120 days until I am back "home".
    It's not like I compulsively check the board for new posts.

Just kidding But I am looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing your beautiful photos!

User Info Menu

Oh, I'm so looking forward to more of Vi's reporting and pictures!

User Info Menu

(((((Vi))))) waiting patiently for a report update.... I know you are busy at work... but can you share a couple of Ja pictures with us in the mean time... Please... I am so missing Ja right about now.. the weather is so cold...I'm begging Sweety...