Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

I also buy 2-3 movies from Mikey. Mickey was born considerably more imperfect that the rest of us so it’s hard to understand him. I listen close because he tries so hard to accommodate and tries even harder to be understood. He’s a good, trusted individual in the community. Does what he can to make a little money like selling movies and running errands. Not sure of his age…maybe mid 30’s. While I know where to find Suzie, Mikey always finds me. He calls me “likkle gurl” usually a term older men use to address women younger than themselves. Not all the grown women like to be called that, but I don’t mind.

I would buy more movies from Mikey but 5% are action, 10% are karate flicks and the remaining 85% are blue movies and he won’t even let me see the dvd covers. lol

This day, he only had one that was suitable for me “Haves and Have Not”. A typical soap opera with way more drama than necessary. Good thing it only cost me $1. Couldn’t watch more than 20 minutes. Like I said, a very typical soap opera.

Jah be with Mikey.

User Info Menu

Since I was right outside the market I stroll in to search for cut pineapple. Was getting disappointed finding plenty of sweet pine, but no one cutting it up. Crossed the street and found a lady’s stand full of pineapple and guess what…she has a knife and the skills to cut it up for me.

80JA a pound and worth every dollar.

A couple vacationing from Italy was lured over by the aroma coming from the cut pineapple. It hurt a little, but I gave them a taste of mine and they ended up buying two along with a papaya and 2 mangos. I had a mango supply and wanted a papaya, but only have a mini fridge and no counter space. I miss not having a kitchen.

User Info Menu

*Vi* Really enjoying this report Lady...... Yummy on the Callaloo and dumplins... ummmm... would love to have a plate along with the fresh cut pineapple... and papaya for lunch

User Info Menu

Sparkle you just don't know. Even the boiled banana was delicious and usually they are on the bland side. I never got my papaya this reach but I had the BEST watermelon later in the visit. Going to drive you crazy with pictures of that too. So glad you are hanging in with me...

User Info Menu

Nibbled on pineapple as I traveled to to Castle. Castle is right outside Boston Bay.

Going to visit my friend Sandra and give her a shopping bag loaded with little girls’ clothes and shoes. Mostly dresses. She distributes them to her congregation and around the neighborhood. I always stop and buy 2 red stripes before I get there. One for her to enjoy while we chat and the other for later.

User Info Menu

sigh....fry dumpling and callaloo is my fave breafast. I love the teas too; customs gets all excited if they open my bags on the way back and see large bags of vegetation - but it turns out to be cerasee and fever grass, etc.

User Info Menu

Goldilocks....I remember you saying how much you like callaloo. You would have been asking for more of these. Fresh and frim...not overcooked. You could smell the freshness. Now about this fever grass...never heard of it but sounds interesting. Can it be found anywhere?

User Info Menu

I was happy to hear her roof was finally repaired after hurricane Sandy ripped part of it away. Her home is tiny and very modest. She’s renting while slowly building a house about a mile away. Her son and brother are helping. She’s lost weight. I compliment her on how nice her figure is. She, on the other hand, is concerned about the unexplained loss.

“I hope I’m alright inside, Vi. You never know.”

“You’ve been feeling bad?”

“No ache no pain. Appetite is no different. Could be a silent attack.”

“Or it could be just natural body toning. When are you planning to get a check-up?”

Concerned but didn’t want her to know it. I was here seven months ago and she lost 18 pounds since then. Writing this reminds me I want to top-up her phone. That will cue her to call me and I’ll find out if she’s had that check up.

She loved the shoes I found for her. Her size (11W) is hard to get in Portland so I hooked her up with 2 sandals, 1 pair of dress shoes and 3 pair of flip flops.

Made a promise to come back later in the week before saying good bye.

User Info Menu

I sure am enjoying this Vi!

We need to visit over there for sure...still stuck on Ochee

User Info Menu

Thanks Roots. That means a lot to me. It can get pretty quiet in this corner of the board so it’s nice to know who is out there hanging with me.

Been a long time since I presented a report like this. Had resolved to only do photos and scattered statements. But the more time I spend in Portland, the more I want to share what has me going back again and again. And maybe others, including yourself, just might wanna check it out.