Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Otis is married now and in the states for a little over a year now.

User Info Menu

good for otis, last time i was there he was working on that . . .

User Info Menu

i'm looking forward to more stories and pictures.

vi, jamaica colors, the hotel around manchoneal has the best pizza on that side of the island. worthy of a trip . . .

User Info Menu

Well I finally caught up! slow morning here on the PT job. Vi awesome as usual!! you should compile a book about places to visit and stuff stuff to do in Port land. Your trip report is making this rather cool morning on the job seem bearable and warm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Oh I LOVE IT!
    Sammy darlin...I know you do

Schuttzie, I also got a bracelet from him. When I go back I’m going to get him to sculpture me an anklet. Yes, I-Cliff sells from the bar.

Jitterbug, I passed Jamaica Colors twice, but didn’t check it out. I will on the next reach.

Thanks Summer! What I would like to do is seriously research to on places to stay. Since getting there is a money and time factor for some folks, it might be helpful if they knew of safe and affordable accommodations that would off-set those concerns. In the meantime I can expand on the attractions which are so enticing and worth the effort to see. Hang in there Summer, soon I’ll be reading YOUR fab trip report.

User Info Menu

Hi Vi!! Great trip report as usual. I'm glad to say I did make it to Port Antonio last summer for the second time. I stayed at the match resort, thanks for giving me the contact information, it is a nice cozy hotel. Your pictures brought back great memories of Port Antonio. I went to Winifred and Boston beach. I also went to the blue Lagoon. Your pictures are what attracted me to go. I am so looking forward to exploring Portie on my next reach in Jan. 2014. I will be contacting you for places to go. I will be staying for a month in Jamaica and will have time to do different places. That ring is gorgeous and very different, I will be looking for the maker of that ring. Thanks for the Port Antonio fix.

User Info Menu

I thought about you, Butterfly, while I was there. I knew you stayed there and enjoyed it. Now I know why. I’ve been collecting a list of places to stay and will gladly share details with you when you are ready for them. January 2014 is not that far away so I know the excitement of going has already started if not then this report will get you in gear. Wait did you say a month???!!! You go girl!! Still a dream for me.

User Info Menu

I’m now thinking the vendor’s name is Jonsie. Probably not that either. My memory is horrible and I should never trust it anymore. A soft spoken man who conducts non-pressure business. Not aggressive at all and very friendly. I’ll always purchase from him.

He also sells bamboo crafts which I like but stopped buying them because they dry out and crack once bought to a drier climate. He explained to me why that happens. Said it’s because the bamboo needs to be cut at night. After assuring me the bamboo he uses will not crack I picked out a shot glass and had him add the year.

It’s been 2 months since bringing it home and the bamboo has not split or cracked. It’s no longer vibrant in color, but the etching is still very clear and attractive. I use it as a tea light holder. Going to take him a bag of tea lights so he can customize the bamboo to snuggly hold the candles secure inside. The idea might bring him a little more income. Mine looks pretty neat.

User Info Menu

There are other vendors selling crafts at their stands and a few who walk the beach, but they are never overbearing or irritating in their selling methods. Stop by to look over the items at your leisure, purchase or move on…zero pressure.

User Info Menu

Great idea on the tea light holder..Vi. Please bring one home for me.. Would luv to have one or two or three..