Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

User Info Menu

Re: Simply Portland...Utterly Devine

Thanks everyone for your comments which I will respond to shortly.

I just returned from Jamaica last night, 11/3. It was a WONDERFUL 12 day visit. One where I left feeling a LOT wiser, happier, content and grateful.

A heap of changes going on in Port Antonio. I will post updates in a new thread for the benefit of anyone heading that way and for those of you who don’t mind my ramblings and photos.

For now…I say with a BIG smile Portland treated me very well.

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you had another great trip! Can't wait to read about it!

User Info Menu

Please don't make us wait long. I am so looking forward to our trip to the "other" side.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Wow! I am so feeling the vibe of this super trip report!

Up to page 17, not much accomplished in my last 2.5 hours at work,lol!!!

I've done Ochi, Trelawny, Montego Bay and Negril....

Now Portland seems.."Interesting"...

Happy Travels and thanks for the details... Ahhhh.....lol!

Skb!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Glad to see that youre back posting! Can't wait to hear about your recent trip!

User Info Menu

Hi kaycee. Yeah, I'm back but not happy about it...lol Catching up on things here at work is delaying the responses and report a little. Hopefully will get it started soon. Thanks again for your support.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    Feeling thankful and jealous Have fun!
    I had a BLAST!!!!! Can’t believe I’m back already. The time flew and yes I’m checking airfare daily so I can do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
    Have a safe flight!
    Thanks kaycee…the flights were smooth

Quote Originally Posted by sandman66 View Post
    *Vi* - it took a while but finally finished reading this thread. What a great trip report. My wife and I are travelling to Portland area for a couple weeks at Christmas. It will be my 6th trip to Jamaica, my wifes 4th. We have always gone to Negril but have talked about getting to the Port Antonio area for a change. It's finally going to happen.
    Hi sandman. Thanks for reading and so glad you enjoyed it. I hope I was able to provide ideas to help you and your wife with your planning. I’m so excited for you both. Feel free to ask me questions. As far as the beaches…depending on how long winter break is, you and your wife will most likely have them all to yourselves due to the kids being in school. I know your wife will truly enjoy the pampering at Frenchman’s Cove and the laid back vibe at Winnifred. Consider rafting the Rio Grande. The drive alone will take your breath away. You can also hop a route taxi to Long Bay and have a drink at my new favorite spot on the beach. I’ve got to check my notes for the name. When I do, I’ll post a picture of it also. 150JA ice cold red stripes!!!! May I ask where you are staying?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Thank you, thank you, what a beautiful report with fabulous pictures to go with it. I was on this ride from beginning to end and totally enjoyed it. Love Portland but haven't been in years, Frenchman is my spot, love it there, again really enjoyed the ride and could feel your love for Porty.
    You are so welcome LadyP and I thank you for taking the time to read the report. Yes, Portland has a hold on me that I don’t ever want to shake loose. I fall deeper in love with the place the more time I spend there. I hope the pictures bought back sweet memories for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Aww, sorry to see this trip report end - the pictures were just absolutely beautiful! I know one time when we were in the Portland area, admission to Frenchman's Cove was included as part of the night we spent at a hotel - can't remember if it was when we stayed at San San Tropez or if it was included with Fern Hill. I waded out into the river that goes into the ocean at Frenchman's and was going to sit down on a rock and all of a sudden that "rock" swam away! I jumped about a foot! Not sure if it was a turtle or some kind of a fish.
    Hi there Rachel…thanks so much for hangin in with me. I laughed out loud at your swimming rock. Was it that big??? I don’t think I would have gone back into the water after that. Definitely not in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    Thanks for your wonderful report and beautiful pictures,safe travels!!
    Thank you for joining me Donna. I always enjoy having you along in the rides.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
    Oh, my goodness! I've been away for a few days and look at everything I've missed! That beach on the west side of Portie looks wonderful and I had no idea it was there. It looks like it has cookshops along there. So glad you stood up for the young boys, for sure.

The new restaurant at Frenchman's is beautiful. They were only just starting to work on it the last time we were there. They would bring out cooked food from somewhere else and set up for people to enjoy. Actually, they may have had cook pots going and did it there in the open under some awnings. There are even picnic tables, too, wow~ My girls always enjoyed the waves there.

I'm sad to see your journey end but it only so you can begin another. Many blessings to you and thank you so much for this labor of love you've shared with us!
    Ms. Schuttzie. As always, I thank you for such sweet and kinds words. Your girls will have to be dragged off that beach now…probably you too. To me it’s worth the fee to be there…a small price to pay for ALLLLL of that serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by brazz View Post
    Beautiful, thanks vi!!
    I am searching for a name of a cove and if it is possible to get there. The cove is in Long Bay. I have seen pictures of it on ta from personal pictures of guests at Hotel Jamaican Colors. They just call it the cove, or cliff. Take a look at it, absolutely breathtaking! Just wondering if you knew about it or heard anything about it. I really want to see it on my next reach. Maybe only accesable by boat?
    Hi brazz. Thanks for the compliment on the report. I wish I saw this before I went. I would have hunted out the cove as Long Bay is truly a special place that I’m just discovering. I didn’t just ride through this visit, I actually spent some time in the area and met a couple of people. I will definitely ask about it next reach.

User Info Menu

Sweet, Vi, we would all love to hear and see new pictures of your most recent trip! Your observations and reflections on the goings are a treasure Much love and respect to you!