Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: withdrawing $J from scotia atm

User Info Menu

withdrawing $J from scotia atm

i recall that 30,000 in $J is the max withdrawal from scotia atm. is that correct ? thanks

User Info Menu

Re: withdrawing $J from scotia atm

That is correct and is about $217 US. If your home bank limit is high enough you can do two back to back transactions.

User Info Menu

A couple times when there in December the atm at time square was limited to 15000j per transaction and only spit out 500j denominations. You could do more than one withdrawal But it was all in 5s. It was quite a wad! And sometimes it ran out of cash. The market there was very gracious and swapped out some of the 5s for me. And they have stripes for 250j, so double score.
    Just n FYI.

User Info Menu

Yes, I regularly do 2 $30,000JMD transaction at either the Scotia or NCB banks (I don't trust that any other atm has been compromised outside of a bank)

User Info Menu

If you have a $500 limit from your local bank like most people do, you can get as much as $50,000J. The only ATM machines that will do this are the ones marked "$5,000J Bills Dispensed Here". If you go to the ATM's at the Scotia Bank across from B.K., there is one machine that will dispense $5,000J notes.

User Info Menu

That’s interesting, I hadn’t heard of the 5,000J ATM. I don’t think I’ve ever had a 5,000J note.

User Info Menu

In December I mostly received $5000 Bill's from atm withdrawals
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

When I used the Scotia bank drive thru in Montego, I got 5000J notes when I withdrew 30,000 J...

User Info Menu

thanks for the info