I hate trying to come up with titles for these things...

Who begins a trip report with ranting???…me! But it’s all relative.

Although going to Jamaica is one of the highlights of my existence I tend not to broadcast up coming trips for three reasons. One: without fail five or six people who I have no desire to travel with will tell me they are accompanying me then ask how much a plane ticket is. Two: I get unsolicited counsel, warnings and principles from folks who have never been. Third: and most dreaded is the “snickering” followed by the “getting your groove back” comment.

11 days prior to this visit, while talking to an old acquaintance, I let it slip I was going to Jamaica. Her daughter says...MOM!!! You should go with her so you can get your groove back!! (Daughter nudges mom’s right side.) Mom stands there giggling and actually considers the idea. I can’t believe people still associate that disastrous relationship with single black women traveling to Jamaica. It’s been 16 years since “the movie” which IMO ended as badly as the real life relationship. Why on earth do some still think woman want what TM experienced? I often wonder if single, non-Black women traveling solo get the “Stella” or “groove back” remarks pitched to them after purchasing a ticket.

Well after telling her the cost (of course inflated a couple of hundred bucks) she said maybe next time.

ha! me nuh think sooooo!!

End of rant…