I have never done this type of report but I received so much help from this site planning our trip that I feel obligated to give a little back. We just returned yesterday from a 16 day trip which was our first time back to Jamaica in 25 years and the reason for that wasn't clear until our plane ride home yesterday.

Picked up at Montego Bay Airport by Ashton Pitt, very safe reliable driver who is both proud of his business and his country.

First 4 on the cliffs:
Catch A Falling Star , beautiful place with the most friendly accommodating staff, but they do have a barking dog problem at night.

Ate at:
Ivan's...the best of all the places we ate, and no more expensive than the other similar type hotel restaurants in Negril
Sips & Bites, great food really cheap ...brown stew chicken is a must try
Eddies De-Baar ...fun afternoon for drinks and really good Jerk
Ras Rodys, good
Sharks, good
Push Cart, very disappointing food and overpriced
Went to the Tuesday night concert at 3 Dives, great fun and although we didn't eat, lots of locals and tourist were enjoying the food.

Next 6 on the Beach at Coco La Palm

Great Hotel, large clean rooms, great pool, and centrally located on the beach.

Ate at:

Montanas, great food, 1 app, 2 mains and 3 red strip for $24
Kenny's Italian Café, very good meal
Best in the west, very good
Idle Awhile, good
sweet spot, good
Sun Beach, okay
Dean the pork guy okay
Mikey's Variety good patties

Had drinks at:
Yellow Bird, the best
Tony's , unique and worth going
drifters, good for the music, Friday and Sunday afternoon
Margaretiville, biggest tourist rip off ever, 1 red strip and 1 bottle of water $9

Last 5 at Jakes at Treasure Beach

Obviously a very unique place but some rooms are very small and have no A/C. If quiet and peaceful is what you are looking for this is your place.

Ate At:
Jakes, very good food
Jack Sprats, this became our go to, the best Conch Soup for $2 a bowl and excellent pizza
Wai ki Kie ... really good $4 omelet
Good Vibz....really good breakfast sandwich and her daily salads are exceptional
Diners Delight ..good food and meals are $4 to $6

And drinks at Eggys Beach Bar .... good Vibe

In Summary; the suggestion to break the trip up between the cliffs and beach was invaluable for first timers to get a feel for both and the same argument can be made for taking in Treasure Beach.

It all comes together on the Plane ride home yesterday: I got talking to a guy who was asking us about our trip and he said he had spent the week in Montego Bay (like we had many years ago) and he said he doubted if they would return to Jamaica as he could not stand all the haggling they got which obviously was our reason for not returning for so many years. I kinda grinned and said that I was happy to tell him that that was not our experience in Negril, and they should give it a try and that we will be returning very soon.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this site in the past, as it has all been very helpful to us.
Respect