Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Has Anyone Ever STAYED At Alfred's Ocean Palace?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Question Has Anyone Ever STAYED At Alfred's Ocean Palace?

hi everyone! i apologize in advance for the long post and biographical details!

has anyone here ever stayed at alfred's, and if so, did you enjoy it? would you recommend it for a family of 3 (my husband, myself and our ten year old son)? we plan to arrive on tuesday, feb. 21 and check out sunday, feb. 26. we're in ja for 2 weeks, so this would only be a part of our trip. i joined this board specifically to ask this question, since, aside from 2 fairly general reviews on another travel forum, i can't seem to find a lot of info about the actual hotel part of the operation.

my questions are: ocnsidering it's a popular spot with both tourists and locals, is the property safe for the hotel guests? we're going to bring a travel safe with a lock and chain, but in general, are the rooms secure? i know lot of people have had problems with their rooms getting robbed while staying at roots bamboo, but i'm assuming that alfred's doesn't put up with that type of shadiness.

should we expect live music and/or dj's every single night from 9pm to 3am during that time (tuesday through saturday)?

oh, and is roots bamboo still hosting parties several times a week or are they under renovation?

a little info about what type of travelers we are might be a good idea, especially since we're traveling with our kid: i've been visiting jamaica since the mid 90s for work and to hang out with friends who have family there. this will be about my 10th time in negril, my husband's third and our son's 2nd. i've always either stayed with friends or at xtabi, so i only know the beach as a hangout spot, not as a base of operations.

my husband and son are originally from a beach town in haiti and the three of us know the bar/restaurant part of alfred's well, so there's no worry about any form of culture shock when we see the actual accommodations. if we made it through post-earthquake haiti we will be fine at alfred's for a few days. people generally think my husband and son are jamaican and i'm still friendly with a bunch of folks from my younger days, so there's no big worry about getting tourist hustled or inadvertently putting ourselves in bad situations. although we don't partake ourselves, we expect that our son will see people indulging in that one fragrant, adult mood relaxer popular in ja.

thanks in advance for your help!!!
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 01-12-2017 at 07:02 PM.