Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Photos of Negril before digital

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Photos of Negril before digital

It is really great seeing all the great Negril photos on this Forum. Today's digital world allows many opportunities to take and send photos and videos that was unable to do back in the days before the technology was available.

The advantages of today's digital cameras are most are reasonably priced, most are compact, most take great pictures and these images are easy to share and post. Back in the days of 35 mm cameras you didn't know what you had until the film was processed and both the film and developing could end up being quite expensive. Today one points and shoots and can immediately see if they have a great shot not to mention some cameras (mostly Canon point and shoot) have a vivid color mode that highlights saturated colors almost unbelievably.

For those of you who visited Negril and shot photos using 35mm (or other formats) I would enjoy seeing your photos from back then. I attach a link to share with you all who have an interest in seeing what Negril looked like back in the day.

https://pixjamaica.wordpress.com/

Here are some of my photos in the middle to late 70's (Nikon FM, Kodak Ektachrome & Kodachrome film) Enjoy!!

Name:  John and Denis.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  77.8 KBName:  7 mile beach.jpg
Views: 1901
Size:  98.8 KBName:  Sailboat Sunset Negril 1977.jpg
Views: 1913
Size:  27.1 KBName:  Sea Grape.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  83.7 KBName:  White Sand.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  59.5 KBName:  Happy Moments and Irie Feelings.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  57.9 KB
    Last edited by johng; 05-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.