In a thread on Living in Jamaica board, a question was asked about bringing down a small cheap TV thru customs. One poster mentioned getting a used TV from a thrift store for $20 or so - and being sure to have receipt for customs. Advice from several people was not to bring down - just buy in JA and that comparable priced used TVs are available.

I asked specifically where one could be found - but got no replies. I said later I was willing to go up to around $100US even - still no replies. Not unexpected since that was buried in thread on another topic, and on a lesser used board. So I thought I might get better response on my own topic and on this board.

My fiancee's TV got mashed up and you can imagine her 8yr old daughter is dying without one. She has been searching the last couple weeks in Negril/Sav areas and can't find anything under $23,000J (almost $300US). Having trouble finding used ones. She's tried one suggestion I got in PM - the little Appliance Store on 2nd floor of Coral Seas plaza, but they only had new TVs and lowest price was $29000J. Same with Bashco and Hurry Hurry in Sav - only new ones. The one place she could find used was repo area of Corts - but said those were too expensive, too.

Any other suggestions where to have her go in Negril/Sav area? I am thinking best hope is some shop that deals in used items. Her uncle drives a route taxi so even MoBay area is possible - but would need phone number so can KNOW FOR SURE that a TV is there. Just too expensive a trip there just going to check if one is available at a suggested place.

I'll even treat to lunch ($20 max) someone in Negril who finds one.
Thanks in advance.