Hello Boardie Family,
I've decided to fulfill my dreams, and move to jamaica to start a new life.I fell in love with the country 12years ago, and decided to live there, and do what I love to do in a place where I love to be.
I'm not moving until next year, but am starting to plan and put things together.
I am looking for a 1bedroom unfurnished apt in the negril area that is good for a woman living solo. I'm also looking for something that is affordable that I can take a look at when I return in Oct on my first offical trip to get the ball rolling.
I want to move my own belongings that I have here so that I may have all my personal belongings with me that I'm familar with, so I may feel at home.
I'm looking for a space that I can put all of my furniture etc for a one bedroom: living room,dinning room, kitchen table, and bedroom set.
I've located a job already, and would love any suggestions, and recommendations on how to make this transition run smoothly.
I'm a little nervous on leaving all that I have built here in the states, but I think that it is time to follow my dreams and help the community there in jamaica with the skills that I have to offer.
Is there anyone here on the board that has done this already, please share with me your experience, and if there are any regrets that you may have on the transition, or maybe not. I just want some feedback.
Thanks in advance,
Copper