Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Beach Theater - you're a part of the cast, whether you want to or not! when they begin to give me that "you're a racist" crap cuz I'm not buying their stuff I sometimes laugh and come out with "Yes, I'm a lesbian racist - gweh fram mi now." Once I said "Yup, I'm racist - I can't stand white people" - they had no words for my white self.

I enjoy most of the vendors, and even the outright hustlers, but I figure if some annoy me, turn about is fair play.
    Last edited by goldilocks; 10-29-2014 at 01:44 PM.

User Info Menu

ahhhh Miss Goldilocks...much respect.

That's why I appreciate comments from you and others who understand that my visits aren't like the norm. To me, Negril, like this message board, is challenging territory. I love Jamaica! so much that I arrive with a lot of humility stuffed in my carry-on. I seek only "my" place(s) within her many hills, valleys and housing schemes without disturbing the residents. You are absolutely right, that guy was angry I wasn't sticking to my script. One written for an obese, single, foreign woman who made it through customs without losing a (baggage) pound. When he saw me, I was alone (again) when I should have been walking the beach with him or a carbon copy.

lissen me now...

This is not what I've become used to. As long as I've been traveling to the east coast, I've NEVER been approached by someone like him or the cranky produce lady. Like I said, I love Jamaica too much to trip about such less positive individuals ...instead...I'll write about them. Photos not necessary, nuh true???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post

"What is it???? Are you afraid of Jamaicans or do you dislike or distrust Jamaicans? I see you walking alone everyday. You don’t talk to anybody. You don’t want anybody to talk to you. You always look angry and mean."

oh for heavens sake...scolded again??!?!!
    Oh fatha....I walk the beach alone and by the time I go from Sun Beach to SeaWind someone has walked along side me asking why am I walking so fast (I'm trying not to catch any "lint" that tags on) or why do they always see me alone....

Vi, I'm enjoying your report and hanging on to every colorful word, it's tasty!

User Info Menu

LOL you have a gift for being honest blended with witty without being rude. I wish I were like that. Instead, it's best for me to look at them as if I don't have a thought in my head then to tell them what they can't do for me. So glad you are still hanging with me Tee.

User Info Menu

Today's walk was less pleasant than the other day's. I keep telling myself, it could have been worse. Even under the perfect sky. Or standing in view of the most majestic waters. Bad situations can always be badder. But what type of person clings to anger once they see a bright, colorful parasailing shute drift by?????

Not Meeeeeeeeeeeeee

User Info Menu

Was planning to land on Traveller's beach but made a detour at Alfreds.

Their wifi was streaming perfectly, but I couldn't focus on the the dang keyboard...wonder why

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by *vi* View Post
    ahhhh Miss Goldilocks...much respect.

That's why I appreciate comments from you and others who understand that my visits aren't like the norm. To me, Negril, like this message board, is challenging territory. I love Jamaica! so much that I arrive with a lot of humility stuffed in my carry-on. I seek only "my" place(s) within her many hills, valleys and housing schemes without disturbing the residents. You are absolutely right, that guy was angry I wasn't sticking to my script. One written for an obese, single, foreign woman who made it through customs without losing a (baggage) pound. When he saw me, I was alone (again) when I should have been walking the beach with him or a carbon copy.

lissen me now...

This is not what I've become used to. As long as I've been traveling to the east coast, I've NEVER been approached by someone like him or the cranky produce lady. Like I said, I love Jamaica too much to trip about such less positive individuals ...instead...I'll write about them. Photos not necessary, nuh true???
    Love LOVE your photos BUT Lawd have mercy when u share your thoughts ...pure poetry

User Info Menu

Agreed, sammyb, pure poetry! We all want those special nooks and crannies that we can rest our souls and hearts in to rejuvenate on vacation. That is why we go, not to be harassed.

You are right to not stay angry, Vi, and try to continue to enjoy your vacation

User Info Menu

Ahhh, coming into "my" stretch of beach now - thanks for these!

User Info Menu

Alfreds..... my favorite spot on the beach. Last time I swam out to that dock, warning, it is farther out than you think. Now with the jet skis back, (ugg!) I wouldn't do
    that anymore. Did you eat at Alfreds, some good food there. I also love dancing there at night, any dancing coming up Vi ?