Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica Food Tour: The Best Places to Eat in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica Food Tour: The Best Places to Eat in Negril

The MX3 is the concert venue across from the Canoe. During concerts they have 3 or 4 soup pots set up along with Jerk Chicken too.

User Info Menu

I have ate at some of the places mentioned and no doubt good food, but one not mentioned on here is Sun Beach. Have stayed at ccp 8 times and always make it there at least twice a trip. Table in the sand, bare feet, curried goat, rice and peas, callalou, sunset with a beautiful woman. For some reason when I think about food and negril my mind always goes back to those at Sun Beach. Simple, good jamaican fare at good prices.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Have the late night munchies? Hit one of the numerous barrels along the beach or the few on the West End. Better than Doritos and cheese puffs........
    they're never open after my "late nights"

User Info Menu

I am a vegetarian. I am also fairly sedentary once I hit the beach so I mostly wait for the food to come to me. There is no end to the yummy treats coming my way from the fruit lady and pattie man. While I find most of the beach restaurants boring or bad for non-carnivores, I am aware that you don't go to Negril for the spaghetti or grill cheese sandwiches. That being said- I concur about the Hungry Lion. It has great food and is a great restaurant. I also love the food at the Negril Yoga Centre- actually there is nothing about the NYC that I don't love. Annette does a great job for breakfast and lunch. It's got kind of an old fashioned hippie restaurant vibe going on. Finally I vaguely remember a Chinese takeout place on the beach. I can't vouch for the food sober- but late that night (the day had started at the Red Dragon at 10:30 am) it was delicious.

User Info Menu

Been to a few of the restaurants that have already been listed.I think my favorite meals are from miss bucks
    Restaurant Delicious and ez on the pockets lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickme View Post
    Finally I vaguely remember a Chinese takeout place on the beach. I can't vouch for the food sober- but late that night (the day had started at the Red Dragon at 10:30 am) it was delicious.
    Are you referring to Keney's Chinese Food, next to Errol's? I've heard good things and put it on my list of places to try next trip.

I have also wondered about that Chinese restaurant next to the Cotton Tree hotel on the West End Rd. I think it's called Seaview House? Has anybody ever tried it. I've passed it a hundred times and it never looks busy, or even open. I have always imagined that Chinese food in Jamaica could be pretty awesome, if they used the fresh seafood and produce that are available on the island.

User Info Menu

Cosmos

User Info Menu

You need to check out Juicy J's on the beach beside the Palms. I tried out most of the menu and everything I order was amazing. Great curried goat and fried chicken.

User Info Menu

Another Sun Beach supporter here. Delicious fish fingers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    they're never open after my "late nights"
    Mi Yard is a great late night option.....