Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip Report From Old Board - Part 1 to 6

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 1 to 6

I am going to re-post my 2008 rookie trip report that got lost on the old board. It's 3 years old and some of you may have read it already while it may be entertaining for those who haven't or may contain some tips for other newbies. It is divided into different sections so it may be a long read. I will also post a small review of my second trip to jamaica right after on the Ocho Rios board. The date and time stamp noted was when the report was posted not when it happened. Here goes:

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report - Preview ”

Dec 16, 2008, 11:21 AM
    This will just be a brief preview/summary for a more comprehensive trip report to follow soon with more detail. Still have not fully unpacked. We just got back a few days ago and still adjusting and dreading being back at work.

CCLP – Coco was our first destination where we stayed and arrived. We were married there on the beach. We had a small wedding with 14 guests. It was great and very intimate with all close friends and family only. It was the best way we could have possibly done it and everyone that made the trip was so happy and enjoyed Jamaica so much, even when they thought they wouldn’t. CCLP did a great job on the ceremony on the beach and our reception in their restaurant on the beach with mento band.

Negril Escape’s Thanksgiving Buffet & Edge Michael Show – I really want to thank Carey & Natasha from Negril Escape for hooking our whole group up very nicely. We used this as our rehearsal dinner also and the place did such a nice job that it seemed like a private event almost just for us. We had our own decorated table right in front of the stage with an awesome concert going on. Food was great. Great intro to Negril as mostly everyone had just arrived that very day and was very tired from travel so it was nice to have our dinner, transportation to/fro, drinks, entertainment beautifully set up for everyone together on their first night in a breath taking location.

Hedo II – First place me & the new wife ran off to following the wedding. We had a prude side private Jacuzzi room that was awesome. Private covered patio with private cleaned Jacuzzi right on the sand of the beach. Since we were in the prude area, we were almost completely private and alone the whole time. I think we enjoyed Hedo much differently than most b/c we never participated in most of the mythological craziness. Although we meant to visit the naked side out of curiosity, we just never got around to it. We were busy enjoying our private Jacuzzi and room, food, restaurant, bars on our own. Now we did do some SERIOUS partying which actually reminded me I’m not 21 anymore and my body does take a toll now. But yes, Hedo can be done as a private romantic experience also. One does what one wants.

Seagrape Villas – For me, this is the way to do Negril. Private villa on the cliffs. So glad we ended the trip this way. The property is very nice and private we had our own house with private water access, cook, maid and able to fully relax at the end of our trip.
    Like I mentioned, this is only a preview and more info will follow. Also, reviews of places we ate: Kuyaba, LTU, Erikas, Charela, Best in the West, etc…. Thanks for everyone who helped out and now I am addicted and a junkie…. More to follow soon…
    Last edited by NOLAnmr; 08-10-2011 at 02:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 2

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report - Part 1 - The Wedding ”

Dec 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I am going to start off with the wedding as the first installment of the report since it was the most important part and the whole reason we all went down there in the first place, right? That and it's the only part that I have pics sorted together yet anyway. Chronologically, it is out of order, as it was actually our 4th day on the island.

Well the wedding day was Saturday, November 29th at CocoLapalm. We rested up and woke up late in the morning before lunch. We stayed in the honeymoon suite at CCLP which was great to wake up to.

We met our friends Matt & Zinnia who had been travelling together with us since the beginning of the trip and walked over to eat lunch at Chill Awhile. We ordered lunch but underestimated the time it would take to be prepared and eat. Our wedding was not until 5pm but my Fiancé, Stef, was getting worried because she had the whole hair and salon appointment at the CCLP salon. I had also set the both of us up massages with Sarah Champlain before the wedding. With time starting to crunch we had to leave Chill Awhile without our food to go get started on everything. Our friends stayed behind and brought us our food later while we were getting ready.

Time all of a sudden became an issue and unfortunately Stef had to give up her massage session with Sarah and left for the salon. So I had a wonderful massage from Sarah that left me woozy and feeling like I had taken some valium. I really recommend Sara as she really knows what she is doing and cares about the quality of her service rather than just going through the motions. After the massage, I packed up my stuff and left the suite to get ready in Matt’s suite. I left the honeymoon suite for the bride to get ready and all the girls to go and help out there.

I was finally ready and walked down to the beach and restaurant area to start greeting guests that were arriving. We had a total of 14 guests: parents, Grandmas, sisters & close friends only. Most guests were scattered staying at various hotels: Legends, Beaches (due to the Pineapple seasonal closing), and CCLP. A couple of guy friends of mine were literally just checking into CCLP from the plane at this time and were rushing to make it down for the ceremony.
    Stef and I have been together for 11 years, she was still in high school. We have lived together for about 6/7 years already and own a condo together and all of that. We just had not gotten married yet. I had just finished my Masters (MBA) this year and she just graduated college last year so finally all of our excuses ran out and it was time to get married. I had been asked many times in the months leading up to the wedding if I was nervous and I did not think I was at all since we had been together for so long. But now, in the minutes right before the wedding, I could not stop sweating under my suit. I am greeting people just waiting by and I am soaking through my shirt. I had a rag in my hand to wipe my face that I kept putting in my pocket. The photographer, Kino, had been up in the suite with the girls taking pictures this whole time and had now worked his way down to where I was waiting with the guests and started snapping some photos. I must have looked nervous or something because he started suggesting for me to take a sec and drink a red stripe. He did a great job as you will see from photos and was actually very instrumental in helping me out with my nerves. He said it was my first time (getting married) but he had done it many times (taking photos at weddings, I hope he meant anyway).

We all moved to the actual ceremony location and took our posts to wait for the bride to come down. Now I’m in full-fledge shower scene mode from all of my perspiration. The mento band starts playing “Here Comes the Bride” and all of the girls start walking out with the bride last walking with her father. When she joins me under the arch, I can tell by her face that she is very nervous also. The ceremony went very smooth and was very nice. The location was right on the beach and sand under a beautiful arch decorated with tropical flowers and everyone sitting right in front. The minister’s speech was sweet and to the point, we said our vows, and just like that we kissed and were married to applause and music from the mento band.

From there we moved to the table to sign the certificate and then closer to the water for some photos of us and the guests.
    Next the party was moved to CCLP’s restaurant area right on the beach while we took some pics in the suite and took a breather and smoke before joining everyone else downstairs. The reception was great as it was now getting dark and it felt like we literally had the whole place to ourselves as we ate great food , drank, cut and ate cake and listened to the mento band play some great versions of songs. The whole occasion felt so private and quaint that it fit our personalities so well. We are kind of a low-key couple and didn’t want to go through with the whole huge spectacle of a wedding at home, especially since we’ve been together for so long. Everyone that made it was because they really cared for us and wanted to go. Everyone had such a great time and let us know how happy they were for us and that we did it this way. Lots of people questioned our decision but everyone agreed on how great it was afterwards. It was the first time out of the country for some and some had to travel from other countries to go (I am from Honduras). All in all Mrs. B at CCLP did a great job for us setting everything up and I could not imagine us having gotten married another way.

This is a link to more & better quality pictures on picasa. They can be viewed as an album or as a slideshow:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephani...scarStephanie#

I will follow this report with the rest of the trip from the beginning.

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 3

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report - Part 2 – Day 1 ”

Dec 16, 2008, 1:58 PM
    After almost a year of planning, the time had finally arrived to leave. Almost every spare second on an internet connection (laptop, work, cell phone, etc.) had been devoted to reading any and all available info on Jamaica, Negril or message boards. For a while I think I was bordering on some kind of unhealthy obsession. But that was making the departure date all the sweeter.

The previous week had been a major whirlwind as the celebration for our impending wedding in Jamaica had begun. The Friday before we left (Fri b/4 Thanxgivng), was our bachelor and bachelorette parties on Bourbon St, here in NOLA. Then Saturday my parents threw a party at their house since many people were not going to JA for the wedding. My dad hired a live Mariachi band; we had Jamaican catering and tons of rum & Red Stripe. The party ended up a Spanish, Jamaican and Cajun fusion showcasing both of our heritages and Jamaica.

I’m at work, the day before we leave, and I feel a strong cough, congestion and all of that good stuff. So I excuse myself and drive to the Dr for a shot. Late that night my Fiancé gets the same thing and drives to those emergency late night office for a shot also. So now we are both full-blown sick and leaving in hours to get married. Nothing a little carib air can’t fix.

Off to the airport at 4:30 am. My friend has started his own limo/private transpo service business and picked us up in style! Very convenient as we didn’t have to worry about taxi, parking, etc., and he said it was part of his gift since he wasn’t going. Flights & connections, easy-no problem. Soon we would be seeing the Mo Bay coast through the plane windows. We were flying the day before Thanxgiving and I thought it would be a hassle but nothing, easy as pie. Mo Bay customs was virtually empty. This was all good considering we were sick, pale and in cold sweat. Being sick didn’t help with the madhouse that waits outside that airport. It took us a minute to find our driver since everybody claimed to be him. Stef actually didn’t look to good with all of the confusion and literally had to sit not to pass out while I got her a bite and drink. Our friends and travel partners, Matt & Zinnia, found our driver and we were finally off to Negril. After the stop for food, room supplies, red stripe and spliffs, we were all good and enjoying the awesome sights all the way to CocoLapalm. I really recommend the items I mentioned before (Carib air, spliff and Red Stripe) when you are terribly sick, the combination is a miracle cure. Who’s sick? Not us anymore.

We arrived at CCLP late afternoon. We had the honeymoon suite and it was awesome. It was a very spacious room with a king sized Bamboo bed. The bathroom had a huge Jacuzzi tub and a huge shower for me. The best part was the oversized balcony over-looking the beach and restaurant area. One thing I learned that applies here and mostly all parts of my reviews are to take the reviews, especially the bad ones, with a grain of salt. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but everywhere has its share of negative reviews and comments that you will find. I concluded that some people may just never be happy, no matter location and situation. I could not be happier just to be here. I apologize to the negative reviewers, you do play an important role, informing others on things to expect. I guess for others, some things may matter; I could not care less about some of these issues though, I’m in paradise.

We did a little relaxing, checking out the grounds, drinking, smoking and checking out each other’s rooms. Matt & Z had a 1 bedroom suite that was literally over the check-in office. It was very similar to our room in layout. Bathroom & view weren’t as AWESOME, but very nice. It became dinner time and we walked the beach to Charela and had a very nice dinner there. Can’t remember what dishes we had but we knew this was probably on the higher end of the price scale for dinners and enjoyed it very much with a lot of wine. Hell, it was our first night and first “official” meal of the trip.

From there we knew Roots Bamboo was what was hoppin on the beach that night, so off we went strolling down the beach. Roots was going off, good drinks and great music (whoever was playing was almost Sizzla-esque). The wandering bartender/waiter was doing a great job for us and deserved his tips as he was working hard and had a great attitude. Unfortunately, this was also our introduction to the higgler scene. I’m sure our pale skin and travel-weary faces gave us away as first-nighters but the onslaught was brutal and unmerciful. It was never this bad again during the whole trip but aggravated me enough to catch a cab to the cliffs to On the Rocks. What a breath of fresh air that was. They had some kind of big concert going on with some dance-hall performers and singers. The vibe was so much better than Roots. I think there were actually more locals than tourists here but everything was cool. Here we enjoyed the people, music, aroma, liquor, beer till about 2am. Remember we started the day sick in New Orleans at 4:30 am with about 2/3 hours of sleep. So finally we called it a night and stumbled to our rooms from the cab. First day – a success.

OK... I finally have gone through some pics and figured the best way to post them up here. Click the link below and it will take you to the picasa album where its very easy to just view the pics in an album or view the slideshow:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephanielanter/CocoLapalm#

I’ll also create more threads in the days to come of the rest of our trip.

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 4

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report - Part 3 - Thanxgiving ”

Dec 22, 2008, 4:38 PM
    Thanksgiving was our second day in Negril. After a long day of travel, being sick and enjoying our first day to the max, the second day could not have started any better. It was actually one of my favorite days of the whole trip. Waking up to the sounds and sight of the CCLP beach from our room after the first full night sleep we had in a long time was perfect. I could also feel my cold/flu gone. We knew we had hours to chill out and relax before we were to be picked up by Negril Escape to head over to their Thanksgiving buffet and Edge Michael show. The rest of our family and friends were arriving today also and we got a day’s jump on everyone in Negril. So we were really looking forward to seeing everyone and how they would react differently in the environment. We were all to be picked up for the event in the early evening and we were also going to double the event as Thanksgiving/Wedding Rehearsal. It would be one of the only times when the whole party would all be together at once. Everyone was mostly staying at Legend’s (all family) with just a couple of friends at Beaches Sandy Bay and a few other friends with us at CCLP.

First thing we did was meet Matt & Z and head across the street to Best in the West. The jerk chicken was the best that we had the whole trip. After that we just went and spent a few hours at CCLP’s beach with some Red Stripes from our rooms and a few of their beach bar’s dirty bananas which were made from real bananas.

We witnessed a rather funny but weird event while we were all in the water at CCLP’s beach. We noticed that the resort’s security guard and the Jet Ski rental guy in the beach were locked in a heated argument and physical fight. So we just stood by and watched the whole thing unfold. Now this wasn’t a conventional fist-fight that you expect two grown men to be in. These 2 warriors stood about 10-15 feet apart and were throwing things at each other; fruit, bottles, branches, etc… (We couldn’t help but laugh). The security guard seemed to be winning the battle because the other guy fled the scene. The guard was applauded and his co-workers congratulated him. His victory celebration was pre-mature though. His opponent had only retreated temporarily to build up his weaponry and strengthen his strategy to continue his attack. He came back with a massive arsenal of debris, shards of metal, bottles, coconuts, etc… and found a great defensive location with cover from his enemy’s firepower. The battle raged on for a few more minutes until a nightstick was used and the jet-ski rental guy conceded the battle for the day as he retreated on his jet-ski into the ocean never to return, at least while we were there. We never knew the reason why they fought so courageously but one of the female hotel guests seem to be on the side of the jet-ski guy, hugging and consoling him.

After the day’s entertainment and soaking up some sun we went to get ready for the Negril Escape shuttle to pick us up. We had no idea of the treat we were in for. I had seen the advertisement for the event on the Negril.com board. We were planning on just having our rehearsal dinner at Kuyaba before that. After trading emails with Carey from NE and some help from boardies. We switched our plans and went with Negril Escape. Natasha and Carey did such a great job with our guests and our event. I mentioned that it would be our wedding rehearsal so they picked us all up on the same shuttle. When we arrived at the location they had a special table just for us in front of the stage. The table was decorated as if for a wedding with bows and all. They also provided us with champagne for toasting. The service was top-notch, the food was great, the views were incredible and the music was just right. Everyone else had only arrived that same day so it was a great intro to Negril and first impression. It was also a relaxed atmosphere which was good as everyone was really tired from travel. The band was great. Omar (guitarist) shreds, his fretboard was smoking. They started with some light instrumentals first, then Fernando played his roots set before Edge Michael finally came on and gave an awesome and energetic performance. By that time, we were feeling the effects of the open bar also….

The show lasted till about 10pm and most of the family went to their resorts to rest while some of us went to the Jungle. It was ladies’ night at the Jungle, we arrived before midnight and this is where things start getting blurry for me. I remember we did hang out outside at the top as the weather was very nice. We drank, the place was jumping, drank some more. Went back to the resort after a couple of hours, hung out, drank some more. Memory?... gone… I’ll find some photos and post to see if I can jog the memory a bit. 2nd night- major success!

This link has the photos of the Negril Escape event:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephani.../Thanksgiving#

You can view as slideshow or just a photo album, Picasa’s real easy

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 5

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report -Part 4–Day 3-Rick's, Kuyaba, etc ”

Dec 29, 2008, 4:12 PM
    On this morning, our 3rd day in Negril, waking up was not as pleasant as the second day. Setting and all was just as nice as before, I just had quite a hangover. So we ended up sleeping a bit later than usual and hit up Best in the West again after dragging out of bed. This was also the day before our wedding so we kind of wanted to take it easy. After eating we were to meet friends & fam over at Ricks Café. Our driver, Eardley from Thriller, picked us up and took us to Xtabi first to show us the cave and the grounds. We weren’t there long but it was nice and I could see enjoying spending a little time there on a future trip.

We finally make it to Rick’s a little late and everyone is there. It seems that no-one has jumped because they were all waiting for me. Ok, I’ll do it; I’ll jump from the tallest one. I’m still a bit groggy and still fuzzy just going with the motions at this point. I’m in line with my friend Shawn and we are just talking. I’m not paying too much attention as I walk up to the plank to jump. I very much non-chalantly just walked off the edge of the drop off w/o thinking about it or even looking down. Man did I underestimate that jump. It completely shocked me as I plunge in and a rush of salt water drains any last bit of sinus issues I may have had lingering. Maybe that is the way to do it for the first time? Don’t think about it and don’t look down, just go. When I finally made it out of the water and climbed the ladder I was out of breath and needed to sit just to catch it. I was awake now for sure. I just didn’t respect the jump like I should have but it may have worked to my advantage because I had other friends who walked to the edge looked down, took a step back, looked down, moved to a lower platform, looked down, lower platform and so on. It ended up being a great afternoon and evening as all of our wedding guests where there and had fun mostly jumping off of the lower platforms.

After Rick’s we went back to get some rest and shower up before Dinner at Kuyaba. I think that my Kuyaba meal was probably the best dinner I had the whole trip. I ordered the lobster thermidor and it was great. The setting at Kuyaba was real nice also with the wooden walk-ways, swings at the bar, great service and atmosphere. Bit pricey though, but well worth it. After our dinner we walked the beach and hung out at Alfred’s. It was Friday night and they had their concert going on. I liked Alfred’s, much better than the hassle of Roots Bamboo. We were able to find a good spot to sit, drink and watch the show. It was kind of a tame night since we were a little tired from Rick’s and wanted to take it easy because our wedding was the next day. So we just stayed for a couple of hours and went home (CCLP) and were in bed fairly early (1 am-ish is early for us, on vacation time) for a full night’s rest. The wedding day report is already up; it was the first one I did. I will follow soon with the rest of the reports after the wedding: Hedo & Seagrape.

I will also try to find some photos of Kuyaba and Alfred’s to post on this thread later. For now here is the link to the photos from Ricks and Xtabi cave:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephanielanter/RickSCafe#

User Info Menu

Trip Report From Old Board - Part 6

“ NOLAnmr Rookie Trip Report - Part 5 – Hedo ”

Dec 30, 2008, 5:27 PM
    So we wake up on this Sunday morning at CCLP, our first morning being married. Everything had gone so well for our wedding and reception the night before. The hardest part of the trip was over and we were checking out of here to continue our journey to the notorious Hedonism II. It was bittersweet as we walked out to that awesome view from the balcony for the last time; everything just looked and was so perfect on that strip of beach. But we were definitely excited to continue on to the next stop in our journey.

The excitement also came with a minute amount of being nervous as to what to expect at Hedo. You hear so many things about the reputation, but I did research and we decided to try it for various reasons. Since it was our first trip there, we wanted to get a feel of different parts to pick our favorite for the future, CCLP – boutique on the beach, Hedo – Super AI, & a villa on the cliffs. We do like to party & thought this might be a good spot to sample the AI-side of Negril. Out of all those super AIs, it was also the most reasonably priced. We got a top-notch room on that property for less/same as run of the house on the other mega AI properties. It was also the only place I could find in all of Negril that offered a room with a private Jacuzzi outside and on the beach. We are by no means nudists, swingers or anything like that but we felt adult enough to be able to handle the surroundings for all the pluses.

We checked in at about noon and our room was ready early which was nice surprise. When we walked in we saw that they had set us up with an iced bottle of champagne, a fruit plate and a congratulatory message written with flower petals. Then we opened up the back door to the spot that we will spend the majority of our time in the next few days. The room was a prude side Jacuzzi room which was all the way out almost to the end of the property by Sandals. The patio had a table with chairs and Jacuzzi for chillin out and was steps from the water. The patio was also covered which was great for taking a break from the sun and it practically weather proofs your stay as you can sit in the Jacuzzi during a rainstorm and all. We cracked open the champagne, hung out in the hot-tub all day. We walked over to the beach water for a while and just kept to that area all day. The room also had a mini-fridge stocked with some Red Stripe, waters and soft drinks. Those were all re-stocked daily also. I heard a lot of complaints about the state of the rooms but this one was just fine. A/C worked great, very clean, king size bed, flat screen TV with cable, CD player, etc…. Maybe they kept it up as it was priced higher than the other rooms without the Jacuzzi. The bathroom was small compared to the luxurious bathroom we had in the honeymoon suite at CCLP but no problem. Tub had like 6 showerheads which was cool. The only thing was that sometimes the hot water wouldn’t work on command. We did have sufficient hot water most of the time, but it acted up a few times.

That night we ate dinner at Manusan, their hibachi restaurant. The food was really good and there was a lot of it. Also, we kept the sake flowing. The quality of the food there was really good with the exception of the sushi pieces and the beef. Not that it was bad; it’s just that the other items (salad, shrimp, miso soup, fired rice, seafood and entrees) were of a really high quality. I admit to being somewhat of a sushi snob and expected a bit fresher fish on the pieces. Also, the beef was OK but I didn’t seem to find any great beef in all of Jamaica.

The next day we took the snorkeling trip which was fun. I’ve seen better snorkeling as most of the coral reef and everything looked dead and gray where that boat took us, too bad. But we still enjoyed the boat ride and swim in the ocean. We ate lunch at the Reggae Café which is their beach grill where you can get jerk chicken, seafood soup, sandwiches, etc. if you get bored with the main buffet or as a light snack on the beach. All the food there was good and I actually had the best club sandwich I have ever tried from here. That night we ate dinner at the buffet. I liked the buffet food; the salad had many different options and combinations to keep you interested for a few days. The pasta and meat carving stations were always really good. For breakfast they make some mean omelets. We were only there for a few days and I could see getting bored with the buffet on an extended stay. Not knocking the food quality one bit, but if I were there for 2 weeks or so, I would seek other food alternatives I’m sure.

The next day we walked the grounds and lazily took a long nap on one of these beds that they have scattered throughout the whole property. We drank frozen drinks from many of the bars and had a great couples massage at their spa. My kind of day! This night we made reservations to eat dinner at Pastafari which is their reservations only Italian restaurant on the property. The food and service here are the best they have. You get all courses of the meal brought to you, there are many choices and everything was good. I heard that the steak is really good here and it must have been because they were out when we made it but I ordered the rack of lamb and it was very tasty. The service was some of the best we experienced in Jamaica also, very much in tune with your requests. The wines are OK, I’ve tried worse, but it did not matter as they literally topped your glass off and kept ‘em coming like there’s no tomorrow. Because of this, the rest of the night after dinner gets fuzzy, REAL FUZZY.

I think we were done eating at about 10pm, and then we went to hang out at the nightclub on the property. That’s when things got a bit crazy and we start partying really hard. I can only remember up until about midnight, then it’s like someone has just erased 4 hours from my memory. It’s weird, I regained my mental stability at about 4am and we are back in the room and it is completely trashed. It was just like “Fear & Loathing…” only in Negril at Hedo, not Vegas. There is evidence everywhere that we had a great time, inside the room, outside in the tub, clothes and items everywhere. Let’s just say it was a little insane. We were finally able to get to sleep the next morning and lost a whole day because of the damage we inflicted to our bodies. But it was well worth it, I hadn’t partied like that in almost a decade. I’m only 29 but I felt my age because I could do that every weekend when I was 21. Not anymore though, I felt like I had been hit by an 18-wheeler before it hit reverse and ran me over again. I guess now we were truly hedonists…

We’re all aware of hedo’s reputation and it is there if you want it. We actually didn’t join or witness much of all that kind of craziness because we kinda stayed busy by ourselves exploring the whole time. We wanted to check out the naked side of the resort because we were curious and we just never got around to it because our time ran out. But that was fine, we had our fun and after that last night and that lost day, I started thinking that having too much of anything you could want at your fingertips all the time was an evil thing. There needs to be some ying to the yang. It can be good for a while but some rest from all the hedonism is necessary, at least for me. I was ready to get the hell out of there and needed a change of scenery bad. I had it coming too as the next stop was Seagrape Villas on the cliffs.

A Hedo trip is what you make of it. We were able to have a nice romantic time and party hard without all of the other hoopla, no problem. The entertainment, food and drinks were great. We did see some nudity and skimpy outfits but it was all in good fun. Everyone enjoying themselves like they wish, no negativity from anyone else and very attentive staff. The grounds are beautiful and you will never run out of stuff to do. Would I go again? Yes definitely, but only for a few nights or so balanced off with a stay on the cliffs or something different. I like a good hardcore party atmosphere but only for so long. I do recommend the Jacuzzi rooms though, not just for the hot tub but also because they are the only rooms with back doors, beach access and an outside patio area. I also like to get out of the property and couldn’t stay in any 1 place too long.

I will follow up with my final installment on our stay on the cliff side. The link below is for the Hedo pics, there weren’t that many because we were having so much fun that we forgot to take photos a lot of the time. There are also some we will not post for various reasons…

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephanielanter/Honeymoon#

Unfortunately, I never finished the report after this and it would not doe Seagrape Villas justice if I tried to remember the details now. Just know it was my favorite part of the trip. We stayed in the Wildgrape villa for 4 nights with chef bringing you food to your veranda on your own cliff sea access. It was just the best. I remember we had a dinner at Rockhouse which I was not impressed with the food but we did reserve the private "rock"table that made it all worth it as you have your own private table way out on a rock over the sea.

Since I don't have many details, I do have some great photos of this last part of the trip here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133615...488/Seagrapes#

We returned to Jamaica in Nov. 2010 to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. This time we tried Superfun in Runaway Bay. I will now post that report and photos in the Ocho Rios board.

Alright that is all I have. Now I'm psyched to be going back to Negril again in Nov for our friends' wedding and we get to be there to celebrate our 3rd anniversary also. Trip report after that pending....

PEACE,

Oscar