Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

LOVE your report - awesome writing and so fun to read. I'm probably an idiot, but what's a "hot beer"?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Thanks for letting us walk with you. But Kahuna, won't you miss skatin' on the Rideau???
    LOL - they're talking of opening it this weekend - that's how freakin' cold it's been... Smart move Kahuna leaving when you did

User Info Menu

a hot beer" as Jamaicans call it ,is beer that hasnt been refrigerated (room temperature)

User Info Menu

"Some impotent people eating at Sweet Spice"

Curious how you gained that sort of knowledge. Lol

User Info Menu

Thanks for giving up the gizzada location, now I can sleep at night again!

Reading that it was just like being there, I could almost here that conversation JT had, I think I have been in that same one before!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

That pastry shop has a heck of a lot more than gizzadas. Amazing banana bread, and I got a plantain tart there (but the inside was red, so confused me) which was pretty awesome.

I missed guessing the location, but had it from the first photo clue... That phone is in a couple of pictures I have from our trip.

User Info Menu

Now that I’ve given up the source of the King Gizzadas, I just know I’m gonna go in there one day, really, really looking forward to having one – and they’ll be out. Maybe I’ll have to try a plantain tart (Thanks Hussyband)

Booger – the ‘impotent’ wasn’t a typo. You know the saying - 'The bigger the truck, . . . . '

2nutz and Dash – I actually do like skating on the canal; steaming hot chocolate, beaver tails, the sound of the blades on the ice – it’s fun. But the price of having to stay in the cold is just too high to pay. I’m good with being here right now.

Onceyougo, justchuck and rachel – thanks, I’m having fun writing it. I’m actually toying with the idea of working it over when I get home; polishing, expanding, editing, characterize, etc, and put it into an eBook format. Any ideas for a title? Rob has told me that I should do a sequence to my travelogue, ‘Walk Good’ and call it ‘Walk Gooder’.

Walking by Lazy Dayz the other day I saw them pulling out one of the cabins there. Here are some photos.

Later – a report on the monthly market and an amazing mango!

Backing the cottage out was interesting to watch, lots of yelling and crunching and pieces falling off. They had to cut down a small palm tree.
    Name:  laz1.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  laz2.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  95.2 KB

Going, going, gonzo.
    Name:  laz3.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  99.8 KB

A Jamaican mobile home.
    Name:  laz4.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  93.6 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Loving your trip report and FYI, Leighton on the beach sells those Gizzadah's (Sp) I think his mother makes them.

User Info Menu

Well done T/R so far.
    Thank you sir, may we have another?
    Your insights about the off-the-beaten-path parts of Negril (Redgrounds bars etc.) are truly appreciated.

I do have a question:
    What are beaver tails (I live in the states)?
    When we say beaver, I'm pretty sure we mean something else.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    FYI, Leighton on the beach sells those Gizzadah's (Sp) I think his mother makes them.
    Yes, she does & they're wonderful ~~