Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna3 View Post
    [B]There was a likkle rain shower in late afternoon. It produced two rainbows. We all stood out and watched the sunset which was glorious. Then the moon came out, directly above and almost full. It bathed the beach in a soft light that cast tight moon shadows around our feet.
    Sweet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabu View Post
    Kahuna - Been enjoying all your good work. Thanks

Wow....Stallion is a brilliant name. Some of the locals like to joke about his business as he stud struts by. We saw him prowling the Boat Bar at the Friday afternoon music gathering. At one point, he was getting a picture taken between an attractive mother/daughter combo. What a business.

I know how you feel about For Real. We stopped to watch the Olympics at Sandy Haven (they had a needed super max channel ) -- which "replaced" the For Real Bar. Hate to be critical, but it was an expensive and very poor cocktail and the place has no vibe. After we ordered the drinks, the programming switched to team figure skating to add to the pain. That was a short visit. But Sun Beach (and Sunnyside) are picking up the slack.

Just left yesterday. Spent some time this week on the White Sands lookout with my brother-in-law and some of his buds. What a great spot. No wonder they have such a loyal clientele.
    The wifey and I call him Zeus. His focus is unparalleled, his gate is deliberate, his action is beyond what I had imagined.

I am bringing Zeus a fresh container of Vicks Vapor rub..

User Info Menu

That dude is the only person I have ever seen who I felt like sexually assaulted me with his eyes. Creepy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    That dude is the only person I have ever seen who I felt like sexually assaulted me with his eyes. Creepy.

Hahhhaaaa

the wifey said the same thing. His sideways stare is deadly.....

User Info Menu

We always laugh when you don't see him for a few days, business must be good LOL Funny how everyone has a name for him, we met someone in the fall that called him "Black Thunder"

User Info Menu

Here’s a Rumour!

OK, I’m not one to start them, but I may be starting one here. Here’s a rumor – I don’t know if I’m the originator, but .. . . Remember a couple of days ago I was lamenting the demise of For Real? And how For Real closing was a sad event for many people?

I know, a lot of people think Sunnyside is just great and they are happy with it. Well, yeah, I like Sunnyside, but it has some logistical problems. What if Robert and Maureen had a mulligan on another bar – more like the old For Real? Bigger, better location, room for people to stand three deep? Better for them – better for us.

Wouldn’t that be cool?

While at Sunnyside:
    * drinking rum (1)

we met a tourist guy who sleeps on the beach. He was a regular Negril looking type fellow. Late forties, long beard, very casual beach clothes and a big blue towel draped over his shoulder. He never stays in a hotel, just sleeps on the beach. What about the bugs? No problem with the bugs, he says. He just lays down and covers himself with his big blue beach towel. Currently he has permission to sleep on the bench in a bar on the beach.

Shrek and I
    * stood around on the sand (2)

at the Boat Bar yesterday afternoon. There was a big crowd there, a live band was playing. Niah wandered into the place and spotted us hanging around near the front. He came over to say hi. When he got to me I put out my hand and automatically did the three part hand-shake greeting sequence that I’ve been doing for two years now. The Negril handshake is a constantly evolving sequence. Currently it finishes with a little rub of the thumbs. When I did the thumb rub to Niah he jerked his hand back and scolded me. “No,” he said, shaking his head. “Me doan do dat. Dats what de pants-down boys do,” he explained. “An’ me doan do dat.”

“You mean the guys who walk around with their asses hanging out the back of their pants?” I asked.

“Yes,” Niah replied. He pantomimed pants down around his butt. “Dem wear dem pants down, yuh know.”

“So no thumb at the end.’” I said.

Niah grabbed my hand and gripped hard, performing a traditional, firm handshake. “Feel the palm?” he asked. “Feel the palm and feel the love.”

Niah then went on to say that we should be careful of the pants-down boys. “Dem de do-nothing boys,” he explained. “Dem do nothing but dem daon want to work for it. Negril has changed, it not like it was many years ago.” He gestured around the beach. “Doan forget me told you. I tell you now an’ you remember. Negril has changed.” He nodded forcefully and said, “Be very careful, ok?”

A little later we
    *watched the sunset (3)

Tonight will be the full moon. It will probably whip the ‘pants-down’ boyz into a frenzy. Watch out.
    I’m hoping for a clear night so I can admire the moon as it cruises across the night sky. It will be my last full moon on the beach this trip.

I was talking with a guy who just had some ‘tourist dentistry’ done when a pretty young lady stepped up to us and
    *handed me a gizzada (4).

Right there at Sunnyside. Like manna from heaven.

So yesterday we did it all: sunset, rum, sand and gizzadas

Likkle more . . .
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Some guys have all the luck Kahuna...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Why did the ambulance not show up to help the man who was dying on the beach?? hard to understand.
    There is an ambulance. I saw it last week flying down the beach road with sirens and flashing lights.

User Info Menu

that guy with the weird eyes is scary looking . . . among my women friends we refer to him as "250" cause we heard that is what he charges for his services. . . . creepy . . . gross . . .

User Info Menu

I guess "Uncle Johnny" was at the same place as you the dental work should be complete now!/
    Trip #59 most of February