Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    D&G/Red Stripe put an advert in the papers saying that they are having a bottle shortage and for everyone to PLEASE return their empty bottles....

This is not a joke....
    True That..!!!..
    this is definitely a serious thing..!!..
    :-(

it *means* there's gonna be (for me) some serious competition on the bokkle-collect-ing thing-y

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

i'm putting-out a request
    of all boardies

IF you on-island,
    in Negril
    from now 'til NewYears
    PLEASE save your empty bottles for ME.

i'll come to you to collect

please please please save the bokkles for me please [[pretty-please, with sugar on top]]
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

a *thought* JUST pop-ed into my likkle-likkle feeble-minded pea-brain

If BambooVilla is cough-ing up Ja$8 for empties,
    then WHAT is D&G paying for same-bokkles...???...
    is it Ja$10..???.... or is it more..??..

'cause i KNOW Bamboo-place AIN'T got that '..we buying..' signage, and dem ain't making some kind of profit ---- Believe Dat..!!..

again:::>> what's the REAL-price of an empty...??..

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna3 View Post
    You still have dat funky camera?
    IF you asking about my two trusty Nikon Coolpix 990 cameras, the answer is YES.

:-)
    Last edited by smith744; 12-10-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

The Red Stripe bottle shortage in Negril should be eased somewhat now that Bogger and PGW have gone back home.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Smith - you are SO RIGHT about visiting the local bars
    lol
    lol
    lol

you always gotta *support* the *neighborhood*
    :-)

for-you the *dividends* soon-come, mi fren
    'round-about mid-January
    and more-so
    'round February 1st

some *dividends* you won't be aware-of, won't see, won't recognize ---- but they're there. The big-plus is that the *dividends* won't be flowing just in the *neighborhood* ----- they'll be trickle-ing down along the beachfront, in-town, and other-places in Hanover/Westmoreland.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

The Red Stripe bottle shortage in Negril should be eased somewhat now that Bogger and PGW have gone back home.
    hahaha!

User Info Menu

Well they better stock up on the bottles....I'm going to be there in 30 days!! Here's a fair warning!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Not too fast, I'm still here.......

Our flight on Monday was cancelled, so we actually leave today.

User Info Menu

hello Kahuna,
    i am familar with Red Ground. where are the villas located?
    thanks

User Info Menu

Smith – Me ‘ave t’ree bokkles that me gonna put aside for you.

Last posting I said I was going to talk about the Top Three Negril Tourist Complaints. I’ve decided to put that off for a while, since yesterday’s post about visas could have been considered somewhat negative – which is not how I meant it, at all - I was just sayin’. So I don’t want to risk casting a negative pall over my report by talking about tourist complaints. Not that I consider such a discussion negative – but some might. So . . . latah.

Yesterday, mid-afternoon: A huge crackling thunderclap broke directly overhead the yard. Got me right up off the couch. It caused car alarms to go off all around us. More thunder boomed off in the distance and Booby Cay was shrouded in rain. I love thunderstorms and I was looking forward to a good ole tropical downpour to freshen things up. We have such a great vantage point from which to watch storms roll in. Unfortunately, this one’s bark was worse that its bite.

Later in the afternoon everything was quiet. I heard a guy coming up the road, talking loudly, apparently to himself. He was having a really good rant. As he got closer I could make out some of what he was saying. He was laying down a long blue streak of “Bumbas!” and “Rass, dis an’ dat!” and some conjugated ‘Pussies!’ and a lot of other things I didn’t catch. He was clearly pissed at somebody or something. He stopped in front of our gate and loudly held forth for about a minute, flailing his arms about as he did so. Then he carried on. Bea and I were both listening to his rant with interest. As his tirade faded away down the road, Bea looked at me and said, “You can’t buy that kind of entertainment!” She’s right. It was another priceless Negril moment.

Here’s another one:
    Walking down the road today, near the Corner Bar, we came across a guy who was washing his car. He was rinsing the car off with a hose. As we approached he directed the water stream at a woman who was standing beside him. He doused her from head to foot. Then she lifted up her shirt exposing her bra, and he hosed her chest and belly down. Then she pulled the front of her shorts open and he filled her shorts with water. OK – nerver seen that before, a roadside bath – of sorts. But this is Negril and ones sees a lot of ‘different’ things around here.

!!!! STOP THE PRESSES !!!!!
    I have an important announcement to make!
    I have a new ‘Best Gizzada in Negril’.
    Check it out – see how nicely mounded it is. The pastry was flakey to perfection and the filling was al dante and soooo devine. It took me a full ten minutes to eat this culinary masterpiece, I relished every morsel. Check it out:

Name:  neg12.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  54.7 KB

Ackee and saltfish on our cooktop. We've been cooking local - this meal cost $350J. It was so very good. I cooked it myself.
    Name:  neg7.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  53.0 KB

Luna visiting last night. We have a rent-a-dog! She gets her leg dressing off today, it has gone from pure white to dirty red(ground).
    Name:  neg10.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  58.2 KB

See, now that PGW has departed, the beer supply is being replenished.
    Name:  negneg13.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  95.7 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Lovely gizzada! Hammonds?