Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Sounds like going to the hardware store is about the same as trying to get anything accomplished the DMV.

User Info Menu

Yesterday there was a power failure all through the lower town of Negril. There were quite a few generators running but most of the shops were dark. It was sweltering in the gym – no AC, no fans, no music; it was brutal. On the way back to our place we ducked in at the Quality Traders, which is becoming an almost daily stop for us. They were on generator power. There’s a Cash Pot wicket at the side of the building. I assume they had power from the grocery store and they must have been one of the few Cash Pots locations operating because there was a huge line up at the window there. We had power up at our place the whole time though.

I’m starting to slow down on my writing; I guess my ‘groove’ is settling in. This afternoon we’re having our friend JT over for dinner; he has one more week left before returns back to Winter Hell. JT usually walks around bare chested and bare feet, wearing only shorts and a cap. We are wondering how he will show up tonight.
    The menu is:

Drinks, all evening:
    Choice of Appleton or Meyers Dark Rum with
    - Sorrel
    - or Pepsi *
    - or Coke *
    * optionally with fresh squeezed limes

Appetizers:
    * Home-made Plaintain Fries, done in coconut oil
    * McVitie’s All Butter Short Bread Sticks

Main Course:
    * Jerk Chicken a la Best in the West (We picked up some of their jerk sauce)
    * Rice and beans

Desert:
    * Dark chocolate cake from the Hi Lo pastry rack.

After dinner we will likely go down to the Dominoes Bar for a nightcap.

So, let’s talk about gizzadas.
    PGW, those gizzadas look really good, and there are lots of them too, nice. But your guess re the photos is WRONG. Look at the photos again. Later this week I’ll post another hint, when I find the Time. Maybe another photo too, I guess I’ll have to give it up, eventually, maybe.

Name:  neg6.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  102.2 KB

Imagine driving into this pothole with one of those little scooters. The tiny wheel would be swallowed and you would be arse over tea kettle.
    Name:  neg7.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  103.6 KB

Breakfast on the patio at Charela's . One of our fav spots.
    Name:  neg777.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  93.4 KB

Today, Sunday morning, we spotted this cruciform telephone pole on our walk. Striking isn't it?
    Name:  neg7777.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  98.6 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Holy!

User Info Menu

JT will have Appleton and Pepsi, for sure!

Am curious as to the shirt and shoes?

Back to the gizzada,s the picture of the international calling phone, would the be in Sinshine Village, as that is the only place where there would be a quadrangle to eat lunch?
    There is some kinda food joints upstairs although I have not gone up there for quite some time?

Name:  IMG_1519.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  93.8 KB

Shoeless JT after dinner at Pushcart!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

My favorite Jamaica treat is the gizzada. I eat them every trip. My next trip is December 27 and I've only got 4 days there so I'm certainly hoping you give up the location of these gizzadas before then.

User Info Menu

K3 wondering if the boys are going to be down at whites sands in march. i know they were not there last year and i know you are leaving a little earlier than expected. the guys with the whisleing football???

User Info Menu

justchuck - I'm arriving on the 27th also for a 4 nite quick visit - great minds think alike would like the gizzada info before then myself...

User Info Menu

Ok, I must chime in too. I won't be keen on the gizzada but know my wife would love them. We are leaving on Tuesday. Need to know so I can get her hooked up, please. Pm me if you must keep it a secret and I wold honor that too.

Respect.

User Info Menu

LOL, no pressure Kahuna - give up the gizzadas!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guyingb View Post
    K3 wondering if the boys are going to be down at whites sands in march. i know they were not there last year and i know you are leaving a little earlier than expected. the guys with the whisleing football???
    Hi Guy - Da Boyz will be at WS 1st week of Feb, minus Little Jimmy. See you there!

Okay - to all the gizzada lovers, I'm gonna give up the source of the King Gizzadas, see the following photo. PGW, you were getting close, on the right track.

I have to tell you about our visit to the Dominoes Bar last night. But I won't have it posted until tomorrow, I got busy doing other stuff today, so I'll write it tonight.

This is where you get the King Gizzadas . . . . feast on!

Name:  neg888.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  100.6 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'