Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Yamon' Kahuna3, would like to meet you. I have "Walk Good" read it about 5 or 6 times. Now, digging into Sunset Negril. We will be in Negril next week. Respect . Rock'n'Roll Farmer + Wife

User Info Menu

OK – not trying to bring anybody down or cast a dark shadow on things here. I’m just callin’ them as I see them. Because that’s how it has to be. If it flies, it flies. If it doesn’t – au revoir.
    Love you Kahuna!!! This is everything, and a bag of gizzada's!!

I asked them what was up and this is the first thing I got: There was a tragedy on the beach yesterday afternoon. A man died while swimming into shore from a boat moored about 80 yards off shore. He was first observed bobbing near the buoy line just off the beach in front of White Sands. He’d been snorkelling with several of his friends when they noticed that he was in distress. They pulled him ashore and started CPR. Two of my crew, Cappy (a fireman) and Shrek, relieved them and performed chest compressions on the man for about forty minutes but their efforts were in vain, the man did not revive. He was believed to be in his mid-forties. Speculation was that he had a heart attack or a stroke or drowned. It was his second day. Very sad.

The police showed up and an ambulance was summoned but never arrived. His friends were understandably distraught. Eventually efforts to resuscitate the man were stopped. They removed him from the beach on a chaise lounge. He was placed in the back of a pick-up and driven away to the north. As the truck pulled slowly away the man’s friends were seen still performing chest compressions in a last attempt to bring him around.
    Really!!!! No Ambulance, Again?? So sad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chris55 View Post
    I wasn't planning on packing those
    Well played

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Are you still staying at the place that had the break in? Enjoy your stay but be careful

User Info Menu

I am in the middle of "Walk Good"...u guys just checked into Hedo, with some "bad naked" going on.....lol.....got both books for Christmas....Thanks for reporting the happenings....helps keep the rest of us "informed travelors"......love ur stories...April soon come for me.....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Glad you are back!! I'm ready to hear more of your adventures.

User Info Menu

Beach Day

The weather today couldn’t be any better. It’s clear, calm, the sky is scattered with a few puffy white clouds. The sea is flat calm and a clear as a swimming pool. Awesome!

I went for a morning swim along the buoy line out in front of White Sands and down to Sandy Haven. I hugged the buoys and rope all the way out and back. It’s been a while since I swam but after a few minutes the muscle memory kicked in and I was gliding through the water, flying over the sea bed. I saw a beautiful little black and white eel snaking along over the ripples in the sandy bottom.

It is so nice not to have jet skis out on the bay. Prior to the ban, the jet skis would roar along just outside the buoy line, churning and polluting water. While swimming, I would hear their almost-constant buzz, even through the earplugs that I wear. Also, there seems to be markedly fewer guys on the beach hustling jet ski rides. I never realized how many of those guys there actually were. The beach seems much calmer now. However, I do feel for those who have lost their livelihood. I know they must really be hurting now.

Halfway through my swim it suddenly struck me that I was in the very waters where a man had died two day previous. It was a sobering thought and a stark reminder of just how tenuous our hold on this life is. This morning there was an arrangement of bougainvillea branches in the form of a cross in the sand at the location where the man was brought ashore.
    Last night was the repeat-guest-buffet at White Sands. They cut up a couple of big sheet-cakes for desert. Last year after the buffet, my buddy Shrek devoured eight pieces of the cake. Understand that he was sub-powered at the time. So we were laying bets as to how many pieces he would pack away this year. Since he wasn’t ‘sub-powered’ last night, I figured he would only eat four pieces. He stated adamantly that he was only going to have one. We got Peaches, one of the White Sands chambermaids who was doing double duty serving at the buffet table, to keep bringing Shrek cake, As soon as he finished a piece, she would replace it. In the end Shrek ate six pieces.

Speaking of ‘Shrek’ and beach names, we have settled on a name for our newbie. His real name is Bob. His new beach name, well earned, is ‘Sideshow’. And we’ve settled on a name for one of the girls in our crew. She didn’t like the one we’d given her, ‘WeedEye’, so we came up with another that she seems to be happy with, ‘21’. In Cashpot the number 21 is associated with ‘Bad Girl’. So 21 it shall be.

Last night we went to Bourbon Beach. There was a good crowd there. They had a bonfire going, the stars were out and the moon was backlighting a thin band of high cirrus clouds. The house band was pretty good too. All-in-all it was a nice vibe. I walked around to be back of the bar and was a little surprised to see boardie-PGW there. Just a little surprised, mind you. PGW is in town accompanying a buddy who is getting some dental work done.

We left after midnight. Walking by the Waves field we heard donkeys braying. The Negril Donkey Races are on today. It seems the donkeys were getting excited about the event.

I have sketchy Wi-Fi where I’m staying. I have to leave my room and hunt the signal, so I only go on-line to post my blog and quickly read your comments. It’s a pain and I don’t have time to respond to all of your comments and question, but rest assured that I read them with interest and appreciate your feedback.

Likkle more . . . .
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

I can pick up a decent White Sands wifi near the entrance, beach side
    I was wondering about the jet skiis. I bet the peacefulness is nice.

Looking forward to Donkey Race pics!
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Good stuff! That's the Kahuna we know and love.

We just left Negril this past Thursday, and I thought I spotted PGW with Uncle Johnny by the roundabout on our taxi ride out of town. Hilarious! You never know when that guy is going to pop-up.

User Info Menu

K3 - it sounds like you're getting your groove back - nice to see