Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

What is Scrub a Dub? and are tourists welcome? I have two single male friends coming to Ja with us in Feb, sounds right up their alley.

User Info Menu

Yes it will be!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

I tend to be a very... Lets say "open minded" girlfriend... We like to do things together if you catch my drift...lol... Is this more of a dancing place or an "acting" type of place? Just looking at options... Lol... ....slightly embarassed... But not at all at the same time... Depending on who reads and all...

User Info Menu

Rennie69 - yah - let's touch base later.

Yes, I thought the Scrub-a-Dub poster was provocative, but no I won’t be attending. I’ll leave comments as to the details of the place to people who have recent experience with it. However, I will share that recently I was advised not to go there. Not that I was considering it, or anything like that. I'm just sayin’

Check this out as a view for a morning coffee . . . . . Not bad, EH? This is the upper deck at Swordfish.

Name:  neg6.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  85.2 KB

So, continuing my walk from the last posting . . . .

I continue on a little bit and turn in at White Sands, I want to check in on a new friend, named Dude, that I met there last year.

Francis, the manager at White Sands, raises a pair of breeding Macaws; Tiki and Sinbad. Last year, before we arrived, Tiki hatched a baby; Francis named it Dude. I made friends with Dude. I visited him (or her, we’re not sure) twice a day for a month. I talked to him, tried to teach him to say ‘Leafs suck’, scratched his neck, fed him and taught him to jump up onto my wrist. I really came to like the little guy. I would call out his name as I approached his cage and he would come over to meet me, squawking a greeting.

Here's The Dude - picture taken last year.

Name:  Dude - Feb - 13.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  96.7 KB

So I cut through the beach side part of the property, cross the road and walk into the office to say hi to Francis, but he’s out. I walk over the parrot cages and stop in front of the big cage that houses Tiki and Sinbad. They are both there, perched on a thick branch that spans most of the cage. I look at them and say ‘Hello’, ‘Hello’. But they just stare back at me. I take the hint and move on to The Dude’s cage. He has one to himself. I call out his name as I approach. He’s at the far end of the cage, but hears me and starts hopping over to me. He squawked a couple of time. Dude loves to have the feathers on his neck rubbed, so I put my hand through the little opening in the door. Dude makes one last hop to arrive at the door. He snaps his head at me and bites my finger. Hard. I yank my hand back out of the cage.

Parrots, even a one year old, have very strong beaks.

Obviously, the Dude doesn’t remember me. I talk to him a little longer but he doesn’t warm up to me; just stalks back and forth in his cage, maybe hoping for another shot at my finger. I’ll have to work on him when we move down to the beach.

I head back out to the road and as I pass Tiki and Sinbad’s cage I wave a hand and say ‘Bye’. One of them, probably Sinbad, screeches an extremely loud and parroty ‘BYE’ at me as I leave.

Myrna's store, with Maureen's Sunnyside bar to the left, mostly hidden by the almond tree.
    Name:  neg111.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  100.7 KB

Yesterday afternoon, late, we got trapped at the Corner Bar in a big downpour. Had beer and festival while waiting it out.
    Name:  neg666.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  70.8 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

I love your Corner Bar pic....FANTASTIC!

User Info Menu

That must have been terrible for you being stuck at a bar drinking beer. Do you think maybe Dude is a female? LOL We arrive in MoBay at 1:55. Not sure how long Rocky's cab will take to get us to Negril after Customs. You'd know better. You name the bar and time either at or close to white sands and we'll meet you there. Buying you a beer is the least we can do for all the enjoyment you've given us with yor TR and pictures. Cheers

User Info Menu

Corner bar...nice little pool table...won't bite you...as long as you stroke it nice!

User Info Menu

Loving the photos! That view from swordfish is awesome.

User Info Menu

Like that rain shot at the Corner Bar, what better place to be stuck in the rain...a bar....and in JA.....sure better looking at that photo than all the rain we have been having in Georgia the last couple days!! We have mud hole...I will refrain from using the word puddle in the road going to our house that was literally almost across the one lane gravel road that goes to our house and it was probably 6inches deep this morning!! Yes....I live in rural North Georgia BUT....the little one lane gravel road is a dead end....our house and 2 others. Wouldn't live anywhere else our 10 acres of private heaven on a creek!!.....would like to have an annual extended stay in JA in the Winter!!

Still loving the reports....keeping me going....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    What is Scrub a Dub? and are tourists welcome? I have two single male friends coming to Ja with us in Feb, sounds right up their alley.
    What is Scrub a Dub? Well that's a loaded question lol! Its a car wash by day, bar/cabaret/strip club by night. The girls there don't really take their clothes off. They mostly reserve that for the private cubicles or the rooms out back. They do dance in skimpy outfits. If your friends are into that kind of action its probably right up their alley. We have been, the wife and I, there a few times and always had fun and never had any issues. Of course we always take our friend Doc with us and he looks after us. I would suggest going with a driver you trust if you're a first timer though.

A couple of years ago we took friends there, one of which is a socially minded lady, she was trying to unionize the dancers by the end of the night. That was pretty classic!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]