Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool Vibrations... NOT Cool

User Info Menu

They are from Pakistan.

User Info Menu

Cinni... Your description sounds like the same place. I usually only shop w/ Adrian at Sunnyside since he is very honest & a really nice guy. I took a chance on Cool Vibrations just for the CD & am sorry I did. I guess they figure most shoppers are bussed in from the AIs & will not notice the rip offs until it's too late. This is a terrible way to do business. Maybe next trip I'll stand outside the store & warn shoppers away. Just kidding.

The flip side of this bad experience was shortly after. I went to Fatty's to get dinner & told her I'd be leaving the next day, thanked her for keeping me well-fed & healthy. She not only got my meal for me but handed me a bag of cleaned ackee. She told me to freeze it & gave me quick cooking instructions for when I get home. It's still in the freezer but I have the other ingredients for making a tasty ackee dish. That was just so sweet & kind, really made my day. This, to me, represents the real Jamaica.

User Info Menu

^^^^^^^Agree!!!!-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

This is one of the reasons why I ONLY give my business to Beach Boyz at Time Square ~~ nothing worse than being followed around a shop!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    ~~ nothing worse than being followed around a shop!
    Yep! My thoughts exactly!

User Info Menu

If i'm followed,i'm outta of there!!!-If you don't trust me,i REALLY don't trust you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Being followed around is the worst!!! Right behind you every step - I want to say "Leave me alone and I will buy something!" But I do the same thing - if they keep tailing me I'm outta there!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Are they following to try to convince you to buy something or to make sure you don't lift something, or both?

User Info Menu

We have done A LOT of small store shopping in MoBay......in fact we are close friends with one of the Owners....we like being "followed"...the clerk stays her distance but is there to help us, refold what we mess up.....lol....and she also keeps a good running tab of what we are spending..............we never
    felt like we were under "watch"....just the opposite in the States...........TRY and find someone....lol...........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

tanks for da 'Heads up' on this
    businesses like that need to avoided & it wouldn't be a bad ting to let them know why
    Wonder how the shop owner would react if people came in looking for 'Cheap Charlie' aka the owner

On the otherhand good businesses (the majority) need our business & deserve it
    Last edited by dave; 08-04-2011 at 03:21 PM.