Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

We wake up SOOOO WELLLL RESTED! Its amazing how sound we sleep in Jamaica. Again we awaken to the soothing sounds of the beach. Nothing planned for today... but it is starting to set in that tomorrow will be our last day in Negril before heading to the South Coast. Bittersweet....

User Info Menu

Today we do nothing but relax... at one point it rained pretty heavy during one of our walks- so we did take shelter. The name of the place was the Giddy House. Cool place with a cool vibe. They were also serving up some tasty lobster patties so we got a couple of dem. Heres a couple photos from the Giddy House

Name:  060.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  059.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  88.8 KB

I rarely use the term L.O.L.- as Im just not a laugh out louder kind of guy... although at two different times during the day- I sure did LOL

#1... a great line... Im at a beer shack on the road and ask the guy for some "Lion Pride"... he returns "Yes... do you have any lion bud?" yeah.. I laughed out loud to that one

and then not too longer after that...

#2... another good one... were on the beach and this guy comes up to us and says all excited, "HEY!!! rememeber me?" hmmm... (no) "Im the guy from the first day of your first trip here" ... Oh man I cracked up- I even told him "Dude, that is a freekin good one!"

We bought a cool lion that day... it actually ended up being wifey's "SubstiMoogy"! See she always sleeps with her favorite cat (Moogy) in this one position- right up by the pillow. At night I would slip in the lion as her cat's substitute... so we started calling the lion "SubstiMoogy"

Name:  083.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  87.9 KB

Heres a couple pics of the sunset that evening...

Name:  042.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  037.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  108.3 KB

That night we decided to head to the Rockhouse and call for their free pickup service. Well we sat out by the road for about 3 stripes and ended up cabbing it... to Chio Jamaica. Awesome dinner but we were super tired so no craziness that night. Just another sound sleeeeep...

User Info Menu

Great stuff so far. Sounds like our paths need to cross one of these time.

User Info Menu

true dat Flip.... true dat!

User Info Menu

Wakey wakey... another perfect day in paradise!

Name:  068.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  84.5 KB

Today's our last day in Negril... not knowing what to expect of the South Coast, we take time today and widdle off some our Christmas shopping list.

Its funny... we've never stayed anywhere before with actual 'security'... so any interaction with any passerby selling goods was interesting... You say hello and within seconds the security guy is just standing there eirily quiet... just watching. The only noise he made was when I pulled the 'bundle' technique. The lady was telling me what each piece of jewelry costs, and I was like yeah individually... but I want the bundle price. He just mummered "yes... bundle price" in agreement. It was funny and strange having security around... its like.. yeah, bud- its okay I can talk to people on my own thanks! I guess it was just different to us- because we never experienced that.

We did a lot more extreme floating that day and eventually made it over to Treehouse continue to eat through our $150 credit- that was no problem. We met Gail- man I couldve sopped her up with a biscuit shes so happy and awesome!

We stopped over at Aunties and had one of those super deep converations with Nackus. He was super happy with himself going all natural and was excited to share how great he felt because of it.

Back at Coco we dip in the hottub a bit. Its nice and secluded... and its actually HOT! A hot hot tub in Negril... a first for us!

Name:  057.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  078.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  101.7 KB

I called Petrona at the Castle just to let Teddy know to expect us for dinner tonight- we also put our orders in now- again just to make sure all is good. We cab it up to the West End and was greeted with Petrona's big smile. She is just as sweet as they come. Teddy is also happy to see us so we chat for a bit, explore the grounds take a dip and have a wonderful meal... yup you guessed it... Teddy's Lobster Thermadore Mmmmmm....

Name:  089.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  090.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  093.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  099.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  89.3 KB

All sauced up from the wine at dinner we head over to No Limit for some rum n ting and roadside dominoes. Linstons coming at noon tomorrow to take us to Treasure Beach, so we cab it back to CoCo and get in one last 'tub' in our room.

Life is great...

No... its EFFIN AWESOME

User Info Menu

Great report and pictures Murph,please keep them coming!!

User Info Menu

awesome report.

User Info Menu

Coco
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Linston's coming to get us at noon so we pack all of our stuff up and get as much beachtime in as possible. We asked him to take us to the West End first, as we were looking for the Ras with the dreaded beard who sells spices. We didnt have luck, but we were so close... Linston was making calls and we tracked him to near the location of the new Just Natural, but we did not link up. Oh well- we love his jerk spice but will have to wait until next reach.

We then stopped at the Negril Farmers Market for one more try at some good rub- but to no avail.
    Name:  106.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  107.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  99.3 KB

I did run into an old friend Crazy Nacka. Its always good to see Nacka so we chat a bit- but I didnt want to bother as we was the DJ for the market.

Name:  109.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  93.4 KB

Cappy and Linston both extended their hospitality to us and invited us to the infamous Zion Hill. So you know we had to go check it out! I told Linston how Ive seen old photos of him as a yute in the bamboo round house, and also spoke of the building of the spring videos. You can tell he was happy to hear that his pops is so proud of him.

The road in takes you through the sugar cane fields- that alone I thought was pretty cool...

Name:  110.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  95.9 KB

LINSTON SAYS WHATS UP!

Name:  111.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  112.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  93.3 KB

User Info Menu

Quick shout out to Crazy Nacka