Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

I really enjoyed this trip report. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Murph, I am just getting caught up after my usual post-trip exile from all things Negril and I must say I read your report with a certain amount of frustration. Sunshine and I both wish you had said hello that night at Catcha! Then at least I'd have had a face to be on the lookout for too. My frustration is because based on the pictures you posted, we were on a pretty similar tour of Negril. As I read along, I kept exclaiming to myself, "But we were there too!" We must have just missed each other a handful of times. I am sorry we didn't get to make your acquaintance, but there is always next time right?

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the report. Treasure beach is on our bucket list, so I really appreciated seeing some of the sites. A beach with no footprints but your own? That is magic.

User Info Menu

Hey cherry!

Yeah- I figured I would see you guys for sure at the SeaStar show... darn it the heck. Oh well.. next time!

And next time eating or not... We're crashing your table!

User Info Menu

Love all the pictures! I think CCLP is awesome. Did you have any pictures of the south coast?

User Info Menu

Great report. If you don't mind, what was your overall experience like at KuDehya? I'm going to be there for a few days in the very near future, just wondering what to expect? Did you eat there at all?

Thanks again.

User Info Menu

I'm enjoying your little tail of sorrow. Can'y wait to start ours. 13 days and counting down. cold In PA.

User Info Menu

TAH- overall I loved Kudeyha! The only downfall of the place is the spelling- I can never get it right. hahaha

But really- the place was awesome- I love the laid back rasta vibe! The owners were great and their son and I hit it off- make sure to bring him some toys

Location is perfect- close walk to everything TB has to offer... I didnt get a chance to eat there- but wish I had.

One night- I did wish that I had AC... all other nights were breezy and just fine for sleeping.

Inside the guesthouse- everything is new and clean. No 'roughing it' here

The view off the porch was just perfect- I could have sat there and just stared at the sea for hours... days.... months... you get the idea!

I hope this helps- let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.

User Info Menu

Wonderful report and pictures! I've walked by Kudeyha many times from Mar Blue to the nice sandy beach (might be my favorite beach, that one) and always wondered about it. Looks kind of like a ship up there

User Info Menu

Great report I've never was really interested in visiting the west end until now...Thanks for sharing!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    TAH- overall I loved Kudeyha! The only downfall of the place is the spelling- I can never get it right. hahaha

But really- the place was awesome- I love the laid back rasta vibe! The owners were great and their son and I hit it off- make sure to bring him some toys

Location is perfect- close walk to everything TB has to offer... I didnt get a chance to eat there- but wish I had.

One night- I did wish that I had AC... all other nights were breezy and just fine for sleeping.

Inside the guesthouse- everything is new and clean. No 'roughing it' here

The view off the porch was just perfect- I could have sat there and just stared at the sea for hours... days.... months... you get the idea!

I hope this helps- let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.
    Awesome, very glad to hear that. We will be there very soon. We're staying up top, the terrace is what sold me. That, and being Rasta owned. Irie.

We (I) was a little worried about no AC this time of year, but I'm sure we'll manage, especially being at the end of the trip after we've adjusted. We actually have a unique gift or two that we're bringing to them, one that I let them know about ahead of time, the other a small surprise (modest). We've done day trips to the south coast before, but never stayed.

If you don't mind sharing, what were your favorite places to eat? I'm not at all picky, but my feminine half is a somewhat picky eater. She's not new to JA, so that's a plus, but food is one of my concerns because she MUST BE HAPPY. lol. I assume all of the nearby beaches are safe to walk? How about at night?

Any other tips you can think of? We're in our early 30's, and we love the island vibe, but are fairly quiet, low key people. We don't do AI's.

Thanks for taking the time, it is much appreciated.