Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

Sounds like you're having a blast, keep the reports coming I'll be reading while we brave this miserable storm that's coming our way.

User Info Menu

Loving your report, can you share the story about what is going on with the crabman? That was on out list of places to eat.

User Info Menu

For now Bentleys is closed. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Lets hope he will get better and get the shop open once again!

User Info Menu

Hey murph, been following your trip report, great read and informative so far. We'll be in Negril on the 24th of Jan for our first trip. We're staying at the White Sands the first night. You mentioned a few places like the "Party Zone" I'm thinking there are some places we should make sure we see. Is that the real name of the place the "Party Zone"?
    Look forward to reading the rest of your report. Cheers.

User Info Menu

T&A no kidden its cold up here, not sure it got up to the normal high temp even once in the past 4 weeks and a whole bunch of below zero temps is enough already. where you all from, we are up in the fox valley

User Info Menu

rennie69... oh man you must be getting excited- first trip! The 'stupid zone' not party zone.. is just a little section off to the side of Connie's Country Western Bar/ also known as Jenny's. Just a little area that you can go get 'stupid' in I would recommend doing as I always do.. pick any night... cab it to Canoe around 3pm for happy hour then stroll up the west end just stopping at every place on the way. Before you know it you will be making friends and having blast. This would be called the 'West End', one of Negril's other gems (beside's the beach, etc). Have fun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    You mentioned a few places like the "Party Zone" I'm thinking there are some places we should make sure we see. Is that the real name of the place the "Party Zone"?
    Look forward to reading the rest of your report. Cheers.
    You are probably thinking about what Murph referred to as the "Stupid Zone". The Stupid Zone is the outdoor "smoking" lounge at Jenny's/C&D Country Western Pub. Connie, the proprietor, generally doesn't allow smoking indoors, so she directs patrons to this outdoor area. Awesome place to hang-out (the restaurant/bar and the Stupid Zone).

EDIT: murph beat me to it!

User Info Menu

I stand corrected. Yes getting very excited. Reading as much as we can about Negril? Actually finding myself waking up at 3 in the morning with Negril on my mind. Sometimes even logging into the forums because I can't get back to sleep :-)

User Info Menu

I forget how fun the west end can be. Last couple of times down to da rock has been with rookies, so they are naturally attracted to and comfy with the beach. I enjoy the trip reports and being able to "see" Negril through someone else's eye's. The next time someone tells me how beautiful the snow is, I will hit them over the head(kiddin) with my snow shovel. Man, I need to get outa here.......

User Info Menu

Back to the trip report....

Our second HUGE ROOKIE mistake... we completely wasted $1,000!...

We make it back to CoCo. Hammerstiened- rum n tingin it. Feeling good- after such a fun partay. I think we were so happy to get back we COMPLETELY FORGOT... to eat! So we all got a good laugh... As 5 minutes ago Donald says "Hope to see you guys soon" ... "Bet you didnt think it was gonna be that soon!" So he swings back and takes us to the corner bar for some sweet sweet fried chicken. You know how when your drizunk things just taste sooo gooooood... well this was indeed the case. $1000 Jamaican was the price for the ride back up to the West end and back to beach.

I reach into the fridge for a little bit more cake pop a couple more stripes on the porch and we call it a night!

Name:  072.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  87.9 KB
    Last edited by murph; 12-20-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot to tie my shoes