Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea Wind Resort Reviews

User Info Menu

Re: Sea Wind Resort Reviews

We were there for a week, Feb 24 th to march 2. No problems at all. Third stay in four years...stayed in the beach house...right on the beach. Will go back for sure. Don't know about the thefts, but I heard from some one who works there that there's someone trying to cause problems for them...( false stories being spread on trip adviser etc) I heard this just before we left on march 7 th . I would have no problem recommending this property to anyone.we have never had any issues at all,and the resteraunt ( shereta's ) is very good as well.

User Info Menu

The thefts are true at Sea Winds and management would not admit the robberies because they do not want bad publicity about their place. sad but true 6 rooms were rob and as story goes, an inside job. Sea Winds is not the place you may think it is, Police report was taken but as usual nothing done & management blamed the tourist. I have always like this place but it has changed for the worst. I spent 6 weeks on Sea Wind's beach this Jan & Feb. on their beach loungers and talked to security everyday, ate there and stayed in sister hotel across the street. So stories are true, staff attitudes are not the same here at Sea Winds, new management ( owner's son ) does not address any problems, he hides in his room. I do speak from experience as I approached him on a few occasion to discuss problems with staff and nothing was done ! Not the same old place in my opinion !!

User Info Menu

We stayed there in February 2012. The rooms were very basic but clean and everything worked. We didn't eat at the restaurant much as there were so many other places to try. The bar was pretty good, service was good. Shane I believe was the bartender and was really good. Security/lifeguards were good as well, kept the vendors away and always had the beach cleaned up and loungers available. It was a good base camp but I wouldn't spend day after day at the resort without leaving. When we stayed, there were a lot of french speaking Canadians (not that it matters). But if there are any french speakers on the board you might want to look into staying here.

Last I looked the price was $115 per night plus taxes for the basic room during the winter. I agree with Gerry that there are better values out there. And I'd rather stay a few kms closer to town if I can.

User Info Menu

We stayed at Sea Wind last Xmas, then moved second half of trip to Catcha. It was our first time at Sea Wind, usual beach places we've stayed we're NBCC and Coco. Sea Wind was cheaper than Coco, cleaner than NBCC. Nice beach, nice loungers. Service at bar and restaurant was VERY lax but we tend to spread money around when we stay and never eat at the same place twice. We lock our door and travel smart- nothing flashy and use the safe.
    No issues at all for our week there- owners son was on site constantly. We had no issues, and are repeating the plan (Sea Wind followed by Catcha) again this Christmas- New Years. Certainly not the Ritz.... But it's clean, seemingly safe and located in a good area.
    2001-Sandals, 2003-Sandals, 2004-NBCC, 2005-NBCC, 2006-Xtabi, 2007-NBCC, 2008-NBCC, 2008-Xtabi, 2009-NBCC, 2010-Blue Cave Castle, 2010-NBCC, 2013-Sea Wind, 2014-Catcha Falling Star, 2014-Rayon, 2015-Catcha Falling Star