Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about a room with a bathtub

User Info Menu

Re: Question about a room with a bathtub

Rayon, great staff and security as well

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmtripoli@earthlink.net View Post
    I have been visited other rooms and to my recollection, the rooms that I saw all had tubs. I AM pretty social, but haven't visited ALL the rooms! LOL! - so I would put this one out there to Gail - Do they all have tubs, or just the ones I have seen?
    Mm,thanks,lol
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help everyone.

I guess I just assumed that bathtubs were rare in Negril but it looks like he will have a long list of places to choose from.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Travellers hotel on the beach. Had one in my room that I didn't use. Don't know if all rooms have them.

User Info Menu

Maybe there are tubs in some rooms at Idle Awhile, but I stayed in two different rooms last year during my stay. Neither of them had a tub.
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

I did a likkle research on the Internet for my friend as he is not "computer inclined" like I am. I checked out everybody's suggestions and think I have narrowed it down to 4 options. Each of these options are options for differing reasons. Some are price, location and amenities, etc.
    1. Treehouse (the kitchen unit for $180 seemed like a good price for the location)
    2. Shields (Liked the price. Know the location [as I have stayed around there] but could not find info on bathtubs on the site. Are there bathtubs there??)
    3. Kuyaba (Always loved the look and feel of the property. Love the price. Could not find info on bathtubs on the site. Are there bathtubs there??)
    4. Seastar Inn (love everything about the place and will recommend it "toppa toppa". Seemed like the bathtub was a likkle small but adequate. He is a big guy and a former pro football player)

What do you think of these options and which would you choose? He has never been to Jamaica and I want it to be a special trip.

Thanks again to everyone who recommended places.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Although Seastar is a great place and has many good amenities, I would put your friend on the beach at Treehouse...this being his first time to Jamaica, the central beach location and easy access to many bars and restaurants might make for a better trip for him...just my opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax2 View Post
    Although Seastar is a great place and has many good amenities, I would put your friend on the beach at Treehouse...this being his first time to Jamaica, the central beach location and easy access to many bars and restaurants might make for a better trip for him...just my opinion
    I appreciate the response. One thing I should have added on the request for help. He wants any place to be "locals friendly". Is the Treehouse "locals friendly" and how about the other choices? (if anyone knows).

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

I actually switched from CCLP to Treehouse a few years ago because they were so much more "local friendly". I had way too many problems bringing my Jamaican "foster" daughter and her likkle cousins in and out at the other place. They do ask for ID from all visitors that check in at the desk (which I like for safety purposes) but they use common sense with their Visitors. I have never had a problem having any of my local visitors over at all. Occasionally, Gail has even stopped by (hard not to when we're on the porch of ste A) and asked if everyone was having a good time and if we needed anything. Let me say, my local friends were SHOCKED! They said that they are never treated that well on other properties. These locals are all employees of other resorts so they see a lot of management interactions with tourists and their local guests and are VERY IMPRESSED with Treehouse. Obviously, this is just my personal experience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmtripoli@earthlink.net View Post
    I actually switched from CCLP to Treehouse a few years ago because they were so much more "local friendly". I had way too many problems bringing my Jamaican "foster" daughter and her likkle cousins in and out at the other place. They do ask for ID from all visitors that check in at the desk (which I like for safety purposes) but they use common sense with their Visitors. I have never had a problem having any of my local visitors over at all. Occasionally, Gail has even stopped by (hard not to when we're on the porch of ste A) and asked if everyone was having a good time and if we needed anything. Let me say, my local friends were SHOCKED! They said that they are never treated that well on other properties. These locals are all employees of other resorts so they see a lot of management interactions with tourists and their local guests and are VERY IMPRESSED with Treehouse. Obviously, this is just my personal experience.
    Mm,so glad to hear this! My husband and I were wondering what the difference between where we used to stay and Treehouse would be, if any.
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif